No announcement yet.

Interview advice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should know if I get the job on Monday. The micro teach for the sugarcraft job seemed to go well, but I always wonder what they are writing down when they make notes. I remembered to ask if they had any questions whilst I was demonstrating, they both said no, but whether that meant they understood, or were so lost they didn't know what to ask, I don't know.
    Still, I'm teaching a sugar craft workshop tomorrow, and have another scheduled for Oct, as well as 3 'decorating cupcake' ones pencilled in by half term, as long as we get the bookings.
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sorry its a bit late, but good luck with ALL the jobs for all the classes, I am sure you were brillient and have my fingers crossed for you! xx

Comment

Sadly I didn't get the job (the actual interview was for cake decorating, the other courses were suggested as others I might be able to teach). Apparently I didn't have enough evidence to show I had covered the techniques to teach improvers. A little annoying, as I'd made sure I took pictures of the different ones detailed as course content on their website. I have done others, but they have never been requested by people wanting cakes, so I hadn't got photos. The person who phoned suggested I get evidence together, but as I haven't got the job, and there's not likely to be anymore going until next year in the same field, there doesn't seem much urgency. She did suggest I keep a check in case any IT ones come up, but I didn't even get an interview whan I tried for those at the beginning of the summer
        Never mind, the workshop I taught on Saturday was well received, the owner of the business (organising different types of craft workshops) took part as well, and was very complimentary.
        I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!

Comment

Sorry you didn't get the job BS - maybe better things wait for you

Comment

My OH told me about craft weekends at hotels today. He'd seen something on the TV about it. I thought of you - and then see the thread updated.
            Never mind! As VC says something better will come along!

Comment

It's such a pain getting some jobs. Hope you get lots of workshops and better luck with the next one.
              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you land one (or both) of these BS. Very best of luck xx

Comment

Just had an email to say I have been shortlisted for a mentor to young adults who are NEETs (not in employment, education or training). Pretty much the sort of thing I did with some of the older ones at school, but on a one to one basis.
                  You might get the feeling I'm applying for anything I think I might be able to do.
                  Last edited by BarleySugar; 25-09-2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X