Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Large One View Post
    i think Twitters brilliant
    after starting a small business recently using twitter to follow like minded people has given us more confidence and information in our endevour than any just plain old google searching could have
    my wife has made friends with someone whom up to a couple weeks ago was a total stranger only to find out the her background with suffering from depression led her into her business exactly the same as us.
    You see I really struggle to understand how you can get to know people via 140 (or whatever) characters (maybe I just talk too much............). Doesn't help that the couple of times I've looked on there I found the format very difficult to use (again, probably me) and the fact that all the posts I could see related to what people had eaten for tea, I wasn't very inclined to work it out.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I'm an old fashioned girl. I'm not interested in what someone else is having for tea unless they're having tea with me, or me with them.

Faceache and twitter are like virtual communes, where everyone hears about the other residents trivialities of life whether or not they want to know.

Maybe it's only so popular because phone contracts have X amount of "free" texts and people feel the need to use them all up!
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

I don't have strong opinions on the whole thing, but don't do it. I struggle to imagine for one second that anyone would be interested in the minutiae of my day. I would feel silly bothering to type 'just put butter on a bit of Soreen' to the whole world (you can see how fast-paced my life is). I'd rather just have the Soreen. But then, the world wouldn't be bothered whether I told it or not. So what's my point? No idea. I'm having that bit of Soreen though, if anyone's interested?
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Oh I will admit it - I like fb! I can keep up with friends all over australia without having to pick up the phone. But what annoys me is people who can't be bothered to speak to you in person - but then go home and try to 'friend' you on fb! Hello? So I chuck them all in Acquaintenances, and just talk with 'friends'.
          Twitter I struggle with. I think it's the fact that I can't use more than 140 letters, ask me to join something and tell people things..............but put a muzzle on me at the same time! Now that's torture!
          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Oh I will admit it - I like fb! I can keep up with friends all over australia without having to pick up the phone. But what annoys me is people who can't be bothered to speak to you in person - but then go home and try to 'friend' you on fb! Hello? So I chuck them all in Acquaintenances, and just talk with 'friends'.
            Twitter I struggle with. I think it's the fact that I can't use more than 140 letters, ask me to join something and tell people things..............but put a muzzle on me at the same time! Now that's torture!
            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

So Good she said it twice ........I thought I was the chatterer around here Feral!!

Comment

I like the new Tetley advert, which has a woman about to say something on a social network, and gets loads of people she doesn't know popping up in her kitchen. She then decides that a better idea is to get some actual friends round for a cuppa.
                I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I use FB, Twitter and various other mediums for spouting - I work from home (alone) so they (both FB & Tweet) are a valuable resource of help, support, ideas etc.

Meetings have been carried out with people I've met on Twitter, I'm followed by lots of gardeners - probably as I mostly use it for 'me' rather than Suzie Warren business-stuff.

I manage three Tweet accounts for clients, two of which are head-hunters, it is very valuable for that trade - one who is a PR bod.

As to not understanding them, I remember feeling like that many years ago when the internet came our way
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                    As to not understanding them, I remember feeling like that many years ago when the internet came our way
                    Yeah, that new fangled web thing will never catch on will it...LOL
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well, being the hypocrite that I am, I hate FB, but I do use it, as it means I can keep in touch with folk that I don't get to see, and can share pictures and things with others that I do. Twitter, I like, now I'm used to it, the short message format means I don't get involved in long discussions, just 'out-with-it' and it's done! Also, you can 'follow/unfollow' people to suit your mood or needs, often people who you would never connect with on FB.

What I really hate, is people trying to force-feed you stuff - games invitations and join this or that worthy cause, and general crap on FB drive me nuts, as do the '...is eating an Orange' '...has a headache' type of posts.

I genuinely believe that many many peoples' lives are not the better for either site, but there are also many, particularly the house-bound, who find it them a lifeline. They are useful Business tools, too.
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I think, faceache and twitty are in a betamax/VHS face off. One will win through and the other will fall by the wayside. Place your virtual non financial bets here...

I bet one raspberry and a clutch of beetroot, that twitty in a modified format surpasses faceache.
                        Last edited by Mikey; 19-09-2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I forecast a new beast on the block - Twitache

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            I forecast a new beast on the block - Twitache
                            How about twitface?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X