No announcement yet.

Food Unwrapped

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well it never occurred to me that hydrochloric acid and caustic soda were used to peel the fruit segments .... i don't really fancy watching the rest of the series as there's likely to be something that will put me off certain foods ....
    http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

You can buy tinned grapefruit in its own juice - I wonder what that is?

Comment

I thought it was very superficial - could have been a five minute slot.

Been known to eat tinned grapefruit in the past but not any more. I worry about the impact of the chemicals on the employees. Yes they were all suited and booted and gas masked for the cameras but the rest of the time...
        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Superficial maybe - but how much more detail would you want? Never again will I turn to tinned fruit in an emergency.

Comment

We used to buy frozen scampi until the BH read about it being prawn pieces glued together and not proper whole scampi tails. The 'glue' they use is carcinogenic.

I can't eat seafood of any kind, but I refuse to buy scampi now unless it's guaranteed whole tails.
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

good heavens,i will get it up on catchup shortly,i sometimes use tin fruit for ease,especially when out in the van,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Missed it, but I often think ignorance is bliss. Like when my dad told me how they made luncheon meat....I can still taste the hairs.

If you want to avoid odd practices grow your own food and meat and mill your own flour, go off grid and avoid the telly. Then watch while everyone looks at you oddly...
                I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Some things just have to be eaten - such as Spam fritters
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                    Some things just have to be eaten - such as Spam fritters
                    Yeughhhhhhh - am always slightly amazed that you can still buy spam, was wondering who bought it as the only person I've seen with it in years was a fisherman who used it for bait.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

With apologies Monty Python - Spam - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        Yeughhhhhhh - am always slightly amazed that you can still buy spam, was wondering who bought it as the only person I've seen with it in years was a fisherman who used it for bait.
                        When I was an Army wife, spam fritters were often on the menu! We had it in the compo tins. (Piskie is military too I think). When we came back to the uk on visits, we had Bacon Grill instead. Does that still exist? I haven't eaten either for many many years.

What do you mean Mikey? - still taste the hairs? Euugh! I'll never eat it again.
                        Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

2nd episode tonight 8.30 Channel 4 . Wax on lemons and formed ham
                          Preceded by the Secrets of Poundland!!

Comment

That's OK, never buy plastic ham and only buy unwaxed lemons (and not many of them either)

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by ladylottie View Post
                              When I was an Army wife, spam fritters were often on the menu! We had it in the compo tins. (Piskie is military too I think). When we came back to the uk on visits, we had Bacon Grill instead. Does that still exist? I haven't eaten either for many many years.

What do you mean Mikey? - still taste the hairs? Euugh! I'll never eat it again.
                              im in the army and yes bacon grill and spam is defo still on the menu only on operations and exercises tho
                              In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Anyone watch this? If the reformed meat doesn't put you off eating processed "ham", nothing will! I've never thought about shellac and what it is before! Not sure how soon I'll think about it again either Interesting.......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X