No announcement yet.

The Wartime Farm

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've recorded it, so may watch it later this afternoon. I am tempted to wait and watch it with my youngest granddaughter who is really interested. Thanks for the link to the booklet VC.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I watched it, thought it was really interesting. How many programmes show us what war was like for the people at home? I have all the stories my gran told me, but it seems more real when you actually see it lived.

Funnily enough when I was first living in rented accomodation, we had one of those kitchenette things, except it was brown and white - I used to hate it!!

But I definately I want one of those blue stripey tea cosys!!
      Last edited by northepaul; 07-09-2012, 08:29 AM.

Comment

...and the best bit for me was that Peter looked yummy and rugged , and not all hairy and dishevelled ...shame his 'mole' thing didn't work though

Comment

PB, I'm not sure whether to say this as I don't want to upset you but I thought Peter had a bit of a thin spot on his hairy head. Perhaps anyone watching the recording could look out for it and tell us what they think!

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
            ...and the best bit for me was that Peter looked yummy and rugged , and not all hairy and dishevelled ...shame his 'mole' thing didn't work though
            *rolls eyes*

Comment

Yes, I spotted that too VC, but you know what they say about bald men ...and MrPB is on the thinning side (bless him), so it's not a shock Anyhoo, Peter is way taller than me, so I'd never see his thin bit
              The scarier thing for me is that he is younger than me...I'm such a cradlesnatcher!!

Comment

Phew, That's a relief, PB. I thought you might have thrown a wobbly at the thought of a balding pate on Pete
                Don't forget, we're all about the same height lying down

Comment

Lol! I like your style VC!!

Comment

When you're knee high to a grasshopper, thoughts like that keep everything in perspective

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Don't forget, we're all about the same height lying down
                      eeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr YUK im a young catholic man you know
                      In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

...........and I'm an old biddy who's been around for a while...........

Comment

Spoke to a friend of mine today who can remember the begining of the war, he reckons foreign fruits where around for a short time.

Colin
                          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                            I don't know which one of the blokes is Peter, can only id Ruth (who is quite strange in a totally eccentric way ) and have never know which of the blokes is which but can't say either of them do it for me. As for the mole, as they were making it I said to OH that the section sizes weren't meaty enough and it was clearly far too flimsy so have my suspicions that a lot of that was for the benefit of the camera....

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              ...........and I'm an old biddy who's been around for a while...........
                              Me too VC

Comment

Watched the program last night. And we complain about our allotments!!!Wow what hard work. Can you imagine trying to grow food on that scale knowing it could mean the difference to surviving or starving, would definately not want that responsibility. What really strong people our farming parents/Grandparents were. Respect.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X