Your first Forum post!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's mine

Can it really be 4 years since gingerninger posted on here?

Looking back has made me feel sad at all the folk who no longer visit here
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

I'd lurked for a while before joining. I think this is my first post, fretting about broad beans (which turned out to be fine in the end)

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ify_70333.html

Within 15 minutes of the question I'd had a response from TwoSheds, and then from others, and I remember feeling very chuffed that my question was being taken seriously. I definitely think one of the best things about the forum is there's no such thing as a silly question, and always someone who'll try to reply to a post.

Comment

How do I find my firstest post. Looking at my profile I can get my recent and lastest posts. I'm not sure I want to see my firstest ones as I seem to remember I started with an argument
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

Here's yours Janie http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...post_4884.html
          I did an advance search for all your posts in date order.

Comment

Was it so long ago?............6th Sept 2009...........

Hi from Leeds
            Hiya, Just wanted to introduce myself & hope to pick up some tips along the way. Have had a busy summer building some raised beds for next year. I now have the task of filling them so I treat myself to a shredder & am amazed at the speed at which it heats up (not the shredder, the compost). I am getting compost in 6-8 weeks which is brilliant. This brings me to my question.
            Has anyone any experience with compost tumblers?.......I have read quite a bit on them and it states you can get compost with 3-4 weeks. If this is true then I need to find somewhere local where I can get some food grade barrels. I look forward to chatting to you guys.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Cannot fine first post,but this is my intro

Mature Fruiter
              Default A Big Hello To All
              first let me say how much i enjoy the forum,there is so much advice ,help ,and support when needed,I joined just over 3 weeks ago,I live just north of leicester with my husband,have 3 sons and 5 grandchildren,we have a large garden,lawn with shrub and flower boarders,to one side are 2 prunus trees just starting to blossom,what a lovely sight ,these we inherited,to me it's the start of spring,I am the gardener and he do'es the heavier work as he not know the difference between a usefull plant and a weed,last year we took on an allotment and i loved it,but was not big enough,so this january we took on a double plot,he's been factory door knocking for pallats ,these are in the proccess of being tranceformed into fencing,pathway edging,fruit beds and everything usefull.our youngest son also has some plots on our site and rotovates for us when needed,my what a help that is,were are nearly ready to start planting now,can't wait for things to start growing again,I have always loved the garden.
              Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Blog this Post
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Think my first post was introducing myself and saying that my allotment plot was a way of getting away from it all. At the time Will was having to go to a special speech centre for additional support for his speech and development.
                Just thinking about it how much has changed over such a short period of time. Will is now in full time school and is having his support from teaching assistants and a special computer programme. I have changed allotment sites which I never thought I'd do.
                sigpic

Comment

How do I find my first post.?

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I think http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...-seed_611.html was your first post, bramble.
                    To find posts go to "Advanced search" (top right)
                    Put your user name in the box
                    Under Additional Options - Sort results by "date" and "Ascending order"

Comment

Thanks Veggiechicken. Shame none of the peeps are on here any more.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that VC. Finally managed to copy it

Hi there,
                        My name is Paula and I go under Noviceveggrower cause really I do only know the basics.
                        Have had my plot for nearly 10 months now. Have had a patch hit and miss first season but have already got my plans ready for Spring.
                        One of the main reasons for the allotment is for my kids to enjoy themselves down there and to learn about food and the nature around us. Also very selfishly for me to get a break. My youngest has a speech and language development problems and I find myself going here there and everywhere with him. I use to work but have taken 12 months out to take him to various places and see various people.
                        I do have some raised beds at home but I find that when I am at home I never get any peace and always have somebody down the garden with me or pestering me.
                        Hopefully he will be able to go to mainstream school in September.Then I hope to go to college and retrain for a different career.
                        Well that's all about me really. Thanks for looking.
                        sigpic

Comment

A trip down memory lane for some of us - and an opportunity for some of our more recent members to add their first post before they forget!

Comment

Found my first post! Oh how bushy tailed I was lol http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ere_60463.html
                            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Found my first post, way back when in 2009. It was about growing melons. That was my first year of having a real allotment as opposed to a row of radishes. It's here but it doesn't make for very exciting reading:
                              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...tml#post473794

That said, they were incredibly productive melons. Next to them I had butternut squash. Mr Snoop resented watering them as he was convinced he wouldn't like them. But of course he did, but I didn't know that till I'd given about 30 squash away, leaving us with only a few.

Looks like I didn't introduce myself properly till my return not that long ago.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X