No announcement yet.

Nearly on TV!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds fascinating Potty! Bet you have some tales to tell What a shame it came to an end. You've had a very varied career - but I never would have guessed at armourer!
    I have an image of "What's My Line?" - who was it? Gilbert Harding, Lady Isabel Barnett and ??? Now that's old TV!!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Sounds fascinating Potty! Bet you have some tales to tell What a shame it came to an end. You've had a very varied career - but I never would have guessed at armourer!
      I have an image of "What's My Line?" - who was it? Gilbert Harding, Lady Isabel Barnett and ??? Now that's old TV!!

I remember that VC..........
      Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
      Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

What was the famous job? Something like a Sagger maker's Bottom knocker!! I'm none the wiser now 50+ years later!!!

Comment

I'm on a series coming up next year Tried to avoid the cameras in the work place but they've caught me numerous times. Need to ask them to give me the form so I can opt out, as tbh no body wants to see me standing around scratching my backside, let alone the managers

Comment

Why would you be scratching the manager's backside, Chris!?
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Could have been worse, G4

Comment

I've been interviewed on Ch5 news - just a soundbite though.
                Was on Channel M too about the bridge near me being reopened after a long campaign and then for a bit about the allotment site too.
                I've done a radio interview but that was in my tenant activist days.
                I was in the background on some news item when I was at uni too though.

I've been in a magazine too - and the photo from that is on my facebook pages somewhere

Comment

I had a couple of appearances in "Jimmies" many moons ago when I worked on the hospital ambulance. Fame just seems to follow me around............
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

The sagger is a protective pot that they put in the kiln to keep delicate ware safe as it is being fired.
                    It is quite easy to make the sides on the wheel - but you need a flat base - hence the sagger needing a bottom to be knocked flat!
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                      Why would you be scratching the manager's backside, Chris!?
                      promotion?

Comment

I was on a sort of "Jim'll fix it for youngsters" once. Some young girl wanted to be a doctor so they dressed her up in a white overall, with a stethoscope and clipboard and asked me if I would be her patient
                        I was an inpatient for a few days but didn't look ill - and they didn't want anyone with drips and tubes coming out of them in case it put the child off!!
                        So I was filmed in my hospital bed, wearing a Mickey Mouse T-shirt as a nightie (it was all I had!) while she took my pulse and rammed a thermometer under my tongue!! Gentle, she was not!!
                        I rang the office and told them to watch the news as they didn't believe I was in hospital but still on my holidays!!

Comment

I was in Derby indoor market when a stall holder begged me not to leave her stall because they were filming and she didn't want to be stood on her own, I never thought to ask what program it was though.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

One of my kids was in a tv advert once. That was a hoot! The other twin was pretty ticked that he had to just go to school and miss all the fun. They were pretty good on the shoot. Had to be there at the crack of dawn. The hair stylist lady (I'd already done the boys hair so she didn't redo) but while she was doing everyone else she was making remarks about the suburban home we were filming in - that must be a colourbond fence I suppose - I've never seen one before........yep, well if you live in the cramped inner city you prob don't need one pet! They set a track up for the camera to slide along - had a seat on it. My son ended up getting the director to give him rides on it while they were trying to work out camera angles. Everyone was laughing cos he wasn't a very happy director!
                            And when they had to go 1/2 an hour overtime they had to ask me for written permission and then apply to children's services by fax for the extra 30 mins. It took longer to get the fax back than it took to film it! He was only 7 then. But we never saw the advert it was only shown in Japan apparently!
                            Think the kid would rather have had a copy of the advert to show his friends rather than the money!
                            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

I haven't been on the telly but I did have a few minutes of fame a couple of years back when I was interviewed about the local Wine Circle of which I am a member by the local free paper.

Special brew | Oldham Advertiser - menmedia.co.uk

After that I was contacted by the local radio station and went in to tell them all about home brewing.

Unfortunately nothing since

Andy
                              http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

you missed a trick VC, you should have told them you have your own private wood and you'd be quite happy to rent it to them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X