Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you suffer

with vandals at your allotments?

Got there this morning to find my two water butts that I had filled up at the weekend had been pushed over. Others had, had there’s pushed over and sheds had been broken into Nothing stolen, just damage and a message wrote in compost all over the road saying I'll be back

When I took on the plot I did ask if they had much vandalism and theft I was told not really. Now I find out that this happened three times last year, how does that compare to other sites?
    Belgrave-allotments.co.uk

Our site isn't too bad, good security fences, but I got there this weekend to find some comedian had shoved a load of dry couch grass through the (Broken) shed window. Grass wasn't even off my plot cos I've cleared it all. Plot neighbours seem nice so I have no idea who did it. We have had occasional problems with balls coming over from the park next door but only minor damage caused and the kids usually wait for a plot holder to turn up and chuck them back. A couple of years ago some sheds near the boundaries were set alight, presumably by throwing burning material over the fence. I should have a word with your site rep. What's your fencing and access control like?

Comment

Not saying it would tempt fate
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Last summer we had several greenhouses got stoned by youths, very upsetting. apart from that, nothing much doing. We do have regular patrols: there's someone on site pretty much from dawn to dusk. I cunningly picked my plot right next to some houses, and made friends with my 'neighbours'.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Not heard of anything on our site. Fingers crossed.
          Bernie aka Dexterdog
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

We had some idiots on last year who ravaged all the sweetcorn from various plots - left it scattered up the path and all over the play area outside. Led right into someones back garden, so it seemed obvious who had done it!

It was upsetting, but no actual damage done to sheds or greenhouses thank goodness. We are surrounded by houses and the neighbours are (mostly) good. Thankfully the council have fitted secure fencing now and the gate is mostly kept locked.

Fingers crossed .....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X