No announcement yet.

What Should I do?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first lot you ordered and that is fine. The second lot is unsolicited goods. Sit tight until they ask for it back and make sure you get the cost of sending it back from them up front if that is the route they choose to go down.

Comment

Just been on the phone.

They DID say to keep the yarn, so I'm bowled over by that. Really thrilled. I felt a bit mean being the winner, so I've bought half a dozen patterns, some buttons and a knitting book. I still don't think we're even, although I know what the mark up on yarns is - roughly 280% - but it's a compromise they were happy with. I'll definitely buy from them again.

The really nice girl, Jeanette, had a fabulous Geordie accent, difficult not to copy her. Love accents....

AP...they weren't really unsolicited goods. They were sent out by accident not to tempt me to phone up and offer to pay for them. I see what you're saying and my husband said the same, but I just couldn't do it, the stuff wasn't mine.
      Last edited by julesapple; 21-07-2012, 08:40 AM.
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Good on you Jules most places will tell you to keep the goods,but it is always good to talk about it
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Well done Jules, you did the right thing, in my book anyway. Now your concience is clear, you can enjoy making something with the wool (anything special planned?). Everyone is happy all round - and it sounds as if they have will have a new regular customer now!
          Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

A regular future customer is worth a lot to a company. I could never enjoy it if I hadn't offered it back tho.
            Once when I put my purse on top of the car, loaded the kids and then jumped in and drove, I received a phone call from some kids who had seen the purse fall off onto the road and picked it up. I didn't have much money at the time, but I gave them the money from the purse that I had put away for a layby payment because if they hadn't been so honest I would have had no money, plus had to organise new cards, licence etc. I think it's only fair to reward that sort of behaviour.
            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Lottie, now that I have 1000g of the wool instead of the original 500g, it means I can now knit the longer swing/waterfall cardi that I wanted to knit originally. It's a yarn called Crofter Chunky from Sirdar in Loganberry (all the colours have wonderful Scots names) and I can recommend a fabulous woolshop if anyone's interested!

When we lived in Aberdeenshire, we were in a supermarket carpark and we found a tatty envelope stuffed with cash - £480 to be exact. We handed it in to the police station, filled in a form with as many details as we had (almost none) and left it with the bobby. About a fortnight later the bobby paid us a visit, he said the owner of the money had contacted the police and had been reunited with their cash. They'd been able to say what was written on the envelope to prove it was theirs. The bobby asked if he could pass our address to the rightful owner as she wanted to say thank you personally.

When the lady arrived she brought a basket full of home made goodies - jam, marmalade, potted meat, shortbread, to say thank you. I was so glad she got the money back - turned out it was her savings to buy all of her grandchildren & great grandchildren's Christmas presents. She was beside herself when she lost it and nearly didn't go to the police as she didn't think it would be handed in. Her husband persuaded her to try because she was so upset and was driving him potty. At the time we were very short of money ourselves, but I wouldn't have countenanced keeping it, no way.
              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                Just been on the phone.

They DID say to keep the yarn, so I'm bowled over by that. Really thrilled. I felt a bit mean being the winner, so I've bought half a dozen patterns, some buttons and a knitting book. I still don't think we're even, although I know what the mark up on yarns is - roughly 280% - but it's a compromise they were happy with. I'll definitely buy from them again.
                I'm sure they would be delighted with that result if they could read your post Jules. Well done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X