baby scan next week!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janeyo View Post

This baby was not planned. I was half way through an all booked for IVF cycle abroad to get a little girl when we had to stop because I was already pregnant with this one.... makes this whole thing so much more ironic! Like someone up there is laughing at me!

If you want to make negative comments about this ^^ then please don't make them to me, as I have heard them all.
    I wouldn't dream of making negative comments Janey. What will be will be, and maybe someone up there has given you your heart's desire. I'm sure that whichever sex your baby is you will love her or him. Try and enjoy your pregnancy (I know, that is easier said than done, specially if you feel unwell) and I hope everything goes well for you. Listen to your heart, if you don't want to know the sex of your new arrival then don't ask. Or go with your suggestion of a sealed envelope in case you change your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      In your situation, I'd want to know so I could rush out and buy some bargains in the Sales!!!!!
      In our case, that would be a positive on the side of NOT knowing, i.e. me + sales + knowing gender = dangerous!

Comment

hello Janeyo and it would appear that you and I are together in the bump club (21 weeks for me!)

I found out with my first (but we didn't tell anyone) and again with this one... mainly so that we could buy girl clothes (and ebay the boy stuff), and also because my mother is desperate to know so that she can start planning the quilt!

as it turns out, the sonographer didn't think she could get a definite view so we are working on a "probably a girl" and hanging out for the next scan at 28 weeks...

Comment

I just enjoy the surprise of it all.
          I don't think you get 'prepared' for something like that. I'm sure if it's another little boy that you will have a minute of sadness and then be so pleased with him that it will not matter. As for a girl - well you'll just have the grin on your face 60 secs sooner.
          I love delivering babies where no one knows what the sex of the baby is.
          I find it amazing when you have one partner who knows, one who doesn't and all the stress of the rellies trying to get the one who knows to tell them! Couldn't handle it!

One thing tho - if you get the answer put into an envelope you'll end up looking sooner or later.
          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

did I find out????

Well scan was amazing, really clear, and baby did everything it needed to to be mesured and photographed. Sonogrpaher said it's a perfect baby (which is a bit of a relief as I was convinced the drugs would have damaged it)
            She asked us if we wanted to know. We said no, so whenever she went down the 'business' end we had to look away!

But I DO have it sealed in an envelope - but NOT tempted to look. If I do it will be a lot nearer the time. 20 weeks is too long to know! I was always good at not looking and feeling xmas pressies as a child so temptation will nt get the better of me uless I want it too, and of course no chance of getting drunk and having a sneaky peak then LOL

Thanks all, I feel MUCH calmer knowing I can find out if I want to, in my time and no pressure on it, rather than having everyone ask me for 20 weeks what flavour it is and expressing their opinions on it! I have already had so many 'hope it's a girl' comments for you, driving me nuts now. Even one of the TA's where I teach went up to my children and said she hoped mummy was having a girl this time - Flaming Cheek!

Que sera sera....

will post poll of weights nearer the time! My youngest who is 5, thinks it will be 13 pounds - Ouch! lol

Comment

How exciting! And how lovely that you can look and find out when you want. Many congratulations.xx
              Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Glad to hear you've made a decision you're both happy with and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Glad to hear you're feeling happy with the decision. Yes, it's amazing how people will tell you how you should feel. When I was having twins people used to ask if I knew what I was having and what they were. I always told them I was hoping for labrador puppies, that usually shut them up.
                  Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
                    Glad to hear you're feeling happy with the decision. Yes, it's amazing how people will tell you how you should feel. When I was having twins people used to ask if I knew what I was having and what they were. I always told them I was hoping for labrador puppies, that usually shut them up.
                    LOL, that's what I have been saying too, I'd quite like a puppy, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                      LOL, that's what I have been saying too, I'd quite like a puppy, thanks
                      My best friend is pregnant, and we bought her a maternity t-shirt that says "We're hoping for a pony", as she is horse mad... caused much hilarity!

Comment

Mine were born before there was the option (scanning was usually done only for a reason - maybe to check the dates or whatever).

I think if I'd had the option I'd choose to not know - certainly with the youngest of my grandchildren (19 months now), I asked my daughter not to tell me, just to have the surprise. When they're born, they're just themselves and you love them anyway.
                        My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Also, I meant to send good wishes to all grapes who are looking forward to their new arrivals.
                          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X