Thank You cards

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel guilty now!
    I dont think I've ever sent a thank you note.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
      I feel guilty now!
      Blimey, you'd never have got very far in my family

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

The most unexpected thank you note I have ever received was a few years ago from a WPC she sent it on behalf of a lorry driver who had been involved in an accident on the M6 at night,thanking me for stopping & staying with him until the emergency services arrived
        Last edited by bearded bloke; 09-07-2012, 08:38 PM. Reason: typo
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I've always insisted my boys send thank yous and I do so myself. Husband never does. The cards or notes are never long but are written. Talking to my MinL she told me her nieces on FinL side ne er wrote thank yous and turned out one year present was lost in post. As never acknowledged receipt by time it was discovered. presents were missing was too late to do anything. I also write thank yous to my class for presents at end of term or Christmas. A few write thank yous.

Comment

My two sisters and I were brought up to send thank you cards for all of our presents / Easter gifts etc. This is something which I have carried on in adult life (one of the first things Mr BP and I did when we got back from honeymoon was to order, write and post our thank you cards). Mr BP has two nieces who are sent birthday / Christmas presents, we do not hear a peep (card, text or otherwise). I have to say I find it a little rude. A phone call from the mum would be nice if only to let us know that they have the gifts safely !

I don't think people say thank you enough in life, it certainly makes me smile when I get a card from a chum

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
              I feel guilty now!
              I'd better join you, Steve! I have sent a couple recently, but not for every single present or gift. It was just never done in my family, which is sadly fragmented and not close at all. I'm better at it, than I used to be and at least send a text or say it in person, most of the time (I think I do forget sometimes).

When I grew up, we were quite poor and so when we were given things, it was out of pity and we even got one of those charity boxes from the church, once. It was almost a shameful thing to receive and as we couldn't give gifts, any received I suppose were an embarrassment, so I don't remember my Mum teaching me to say Thank You. I realised how bad I was when a friend had a go at me (I was about 18), as her Mum often gave me lunch at her house and they'd all remarked at how bad mannered I was. I was really upset, as I did appreciate it, but just hadn't realised how other people said thanks for EVERYthing! I made an effort after that and get on really well with all of her family to this day, but saying the words is still hard. Difficult to explain, I suppose, but when people don't say it, it's not always the case that they don't appreciate what you've done, they just don't know/haven't been taught, how!

Comment

If I get a birthday pressie from a friend - I would probably say thank you straight away. If I was posted a gift I will generally ring or send a note.

However a Wedding or Christening gift really should be responded to formally by way of a handwritten thank you card. Anything less is rude in my opinion.
                http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

My two kids found a dog, saw a number on the lampost phoned the people then waited in a field for them to arrive. (They also phoned me and I went to wait with them) When the couple arrived they were in tears and gave my two twenty pounds! Then a couple of weeks later they sent a hand written note saying thank you again and how pleased they were to have their dog back. My two were thrilled! But are now always on the lookout for lost dogs!
                  You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X