No announcement yet.

Historical hang ups

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ongoing trend for computer savvy which seems to be the "be all & end all" is all well & good,until we have a nation of young adults none of whom can change a fuse,repair a leak,change a sparkplug .............
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

... or add up their shopping in their heads before they reach the checkout ......

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
        This ongoing trend for computer savvy which seems to be the "be all & end all" is all well & good,until we have a nation of young adults none of whom can change a fuse,repair a leak,change a sparkplug .............
        I cant repair a leak actually I'm no good at DIY at all.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
          I cant repair a leak actually I'm no good at DIY at all.
          Fortunately there will probably be enough older "professional" people to sort your DIY problems Steve,but we are rapidly becoming a nation where technology outweighs any other chosen career path.
          Children using computers to find the answer to any given problem is in the long term going to be the economic downfall of this & many other countries
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I can do too of those three things. Quite frankly fiddling with cars scares me. I can change the oil, top up the fluids and put on a spare tyre but anything else im worried I will do more damage then good!

Comment

we already have a nation of young adults who can barely read and write .... learning to use a computer won't make much difference ....
              http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm, not sure where you are getting your statistics for that FG, young adults today might struggle communicating with you vocally as they spend most of their time texting, but they are more than capable of reading and writing.
                I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                  I do that too..."find a penny, pick it up and all the day you'll have good luck."
                  I know this saying as - "See a PIN and pick it up and all the day you'll have good luck".
                  Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Me too LL. I've been puzzling why "penny" didn't seem quite right

Comment

Never heard it put like that before LL & VC, you messing with me?

Comment

You should be so lucky!!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          You should be so lucky!!
                          Don't go all kylie on me.

Comment

lucky, yucky, yucky..........

Comment

Now she never did anything for me, while felicity kendall. Well a girl who can get her hands dirty, thats a different matter.

Comment

Anyone looking for a girl who can get her hands dirty would find plenty of choice on the Vine.
                                My problem is getting them clean again afterwards

Once again we have wandered off-topic and done a bit of cross-threading
                                We must be a screw-loose as well as nutters
                                Last edited by veggiechicken; 07-07-2012, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X