No announcement yet.

Keomo personal navigation

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can't update your gadget, then perhaps you should consider changing. I got mine second hand years ago off e-bay and it's been brilliant. I got it a new voice last year - French comedy actor who is sadly dead - Louis de Funes - Scarey and Nicos will know him. We now have very jolly journeys.

Comment

Personally I don't like them at all but I think this is partially because I don't like being told what to do () and also I have a few friends who rely on them so totally that they now would struggle to find the way to the end of the road without it and it's made them very reliant on a machine when in actual fact they are perfectly capable individuals. I feel much more in control by actively looking up where I'm going and looking at the map - like somebody above said, you can make simple key notes that you can glance at when driving if necessary too which can really help. I think also that I don't trust the gadget not to go wrong and if I'm relying on it them I'd be totally sunk. Whereas if I'm using a map which (unless I set fire to it or drop it in a puddle) can't go wrong. Mind you I prefer to do most things the old fashioned way and think that most so called time saving devices aren't worth using so I'm probably not the best person to talk

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

If you have an android phone and don't have "Google Maps" download the app, it's far better than the sat nav I now have under my car seat doing nothing. Plus I can have it coming through the car speakers which is a bonus.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
          If you have an android phone and don't have "Google Maps" download the app, it's far better than the sat nav I now have under my car seat doing nothing. Plus I can have it coming through the car speakers which is a bonus.
          you see you lost me altogether BM,what is an android phone lol,my mobile is a little samsung aprox 3 years old,i like the sound of comming out the speakers as you can control the volume ??
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

If I'm driving on a long journey to a destination that I haven't been to before, I figure out the main chunk of the route before setting off i.e. which motorways to take, then get the sat-nav out for the last bit i.e. final route to destination through a busy unknown town.
            Keeping the sat-nav on the whole way drives me bonkers, I keep yelling "Yes I know, you silly cow, I have seen the sign!"
            Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
              you see you lost me altogether BM,what is an android phone lol,my mobile is a little samsung aprox 3 years old,i like the sound of comming out the speakers as you can control the volume ??
              Lottie, Android is an operating system that belongs to Google - a lot of mobile phones use it.
              I've just bought an android phone that has Google Maps, and a car that supposedly has Bluetooth (whatever that is and I don't know whether its necessary for this or not). I've spent most of this afternoon trying to understand how they all work. Think I'll stick with the road map and a bit of cardboard until I find my intelligent head

Comment

thanks VC,am still confused as to modern tekie stuff,i get on better with 1 to 1 personal tuitan,on reading instructions i only get half of them,the rest am just blind or thick,stupid,how ever,i shall have a poke round google and see if my brain will click,but not before i finished sorting out ALL my paperwork into the correct place,i have been very lax of late,and have to myself sorted out,been doing to much of eveything else lol,the grey cells have been overworked
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Instructions are only as good as the people who write them - and those people must already understand the system in order to describe it. Unfortunately, they overlook the fact that many of us haven't got a clue about some of the terms that are used. They never seem to start with the absolute basics.
                  My brain just shuts down when it comes to reading instructions Sometimes I'd rather go without than be puzzled and annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Instructions are only as good as the people who write them - and those people must already understand the system in order to describe it. Unfortunately, they overlook the fact that many of us haven't got a clue about some of the terms that are used. They never seem to start with the absolute basics.
                    My brain just shuts down when it comes to reading instructions Sometimes I'd rather go without than be puzzled and annoyed.
                    you just described it in a nutshell,just realized what the time is,no wonder am hungry lol,am have 5,then off to the kitchen,

Comment

Yes, LD, I agree totally with VC. I too have to drive myself everywhere and sometimes to some quite strange out of the way places (and before you all ask, I'm a rambler, I have to get to the start of a walk!)

I too write down directions on a piece of paper, large enough so that I can see them at a glance and write things like: Turn R at next R/B (turn right at next roundabout) etc.
                      You write down whatever makes sense to you and that you understand best.

You CAN do it LD - and none of us are putting you down - we are encouragers!!
                      Like VC says, try going to a new place near to where you live to start with until you feel comfortable with your directions, then try somewhere else.

Personally I don't like sat navs at all - I far prefer a map.
                      Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Instructions are only as good as the people who write them
                        True enough,but before trying to read them try & find out the gender of the writer,it will have a great bearing on how much you understand & how easy it is to put into practice.
                        I know it's an old joke but men & women really do think differently & when writing instructions prioritise the same list of things to differently.
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Yes BB, the sexes do interpret things differently - just as well sometimes!! But, how on earth, can I find out who wrote the instructions for my phone. Some of it reads like a Google Translate from the original Chinese or summat!
                          A Glossary would be nice, then another glossary for the words used therein! Without wishing to be ageist, I'm of a generation that has come to computers rather later in life than the youngsters of today. Lets face it, when I was kid we didn't have a phone, let alone a mobile. So its a big learning curve. Most gadgets leave me cold, I still can't set up a video recorder and they are dinosaurs these days. If I really, really want to use something I'll find a way how, like the laptop I'm using at this very minute, but otherwise.........do I really need to know?
                          Yours, Puzzled of South Wales

Comment

You have my sympathies VC,I've had my phone for years & only use a fraction of it's functions
                            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Ta BB If the phone didn't have these functions I wouldn't feel I wanted to know how to use them, and I really don't need to know how, but I hate being defeated by a stoopid little plastic box with a brain and memory millions times better than mine
                              But we're not here to discuss my phone but Lottie's satnav thingy - I can empathise but not help, that's all

Comment

I know your all trying to encourage me,but you realy have no idea how much of a chichen i am,when we go out together he drives,he hates being a passenger lol,it's the male thing,also look after your lady thing,ONE day i will try,i did not pass my test until 1987,i think peeps who pass early in life have more confidence,am the same with anything new lol,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X