No announcement yet.

How can I ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top notch VC. I'm partial to Lady Grey. Glad you found it. It's an interesting statistic sometimes!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I'll make sure the Lady is here for you Flo

Comment

I want to get "Microsoft Word" onto my lap top. When I google it, lots of options come up, but I don't know which would be the best for me. I just want to be able to write letters, a best-selling novel, stuff like that....Any advise?
        When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Microsoft Office Suite contains Microsoft Word and the installation from the CD is quite easy to follow.
          The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies.

Gertrude Jekyll

************NUTTERS' CLUB MEMBER************

The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
          Alice Kingsley: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll
          tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Comment

Does it have to be Microsoft Office?
            I use Libre Office (first on a Google search list) It is free and works almost the same way as Word. It comes with Word, Excel, Powerpoint lookalikes and a database application and even a drawing package.
            For novel writing KK uses Ywriter which is also free.
            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

How can I delete a duplicate thread that I've started in error
              I can't even delete the one and only post on it as the "delete" message option isn't available - presumably because its the first post
              Its this one http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ger_71624.html

Comment

VC ask a mod and they will do it.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  How can I delete a duplicate thread that I've started in error
                  I can't even delete the one and only post on it as the "delete" message option isn't available - presumably because its the first post
                  Its this one http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ger_71624.html
                  Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  VC ask a mod and they will do it.
                  Done! ;;;;;
                  A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Thanks Scarey

Comment

Sometimes the reply box is shaded and i cant use it, if i go back a page the reply box is ok on that page.
                      Not a problem but |I would like to know why.
                      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Is it because the thread is closed Bill? It normally says where reply to thread green box is if the thread is now closed.
                        Last edited by Mikey; 20-11-2013, 12:50 PM.
                        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

That doesn't work Mikey as Bill says the reply box is ok when he goes back a page. On a closed thread there is no reply box just closed thread on all pages.
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hmmm,not met this before Bill,but I suspect it will be a loading error,rather than going back a page try using F5 it will reload the currently viewed page.
                            Let us know if that helps please,if not I will ask a mate who knows "stuff"
                            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I've been getting that as well! When the box is grey I click on go advanced and that works ok as a get around

Comment

Yes it is not closed because the previous page in the same thread works fine (Thats my get around) It certainly is no problem but things like that make me want to know why. Thanks for all your comments.
                                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X