X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Thanks Chris, never thought you'd ask
    You deserved that Chris.
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Having a quick glance there is roughly 1 mile of hedgerow on the site I'm looking at, with some interplanting, thats quite a lot of elderflower, still giving me the land to plant something else.

What other popular hedgerow brews are out there?

Comment

Sloe gin, blackberry things, elderberry, damsons, hazel nuts
        You could plant a 2nd, inner fedge as well and not lose much land

Comment

Thats probably a very good idea VC, I wouldn't want the neighbouring farmers lopping them off with their hedge trimmers.

Comment

inner fedge
            I had to look this up, as I'd never heard of it, it has some very naughty meanings....

Norty Step for you young lady.

Comment

OMG, I didn't know that, honest!! You learn something new every day
              Its also means a fruiting hedge

Comment

Oh the youth of today VC, that was so funny it was sic....

Comment

Nearly every word I know seems to have been purloined and has a secondary meaning of which I am totally unaware - but who'd have thought that fedge could be used in so many contexts I shall continue saying it whatever

Comment

I don't think I want to know! On the hedgerow side I made some hawthorne ketchup ... very nice , I will send you the recipe.
                    Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

Haw ketchup is very nice - although OH giggles every time he has some

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

We were considering doing this for a while.

Looking at our crop failures this year , I would be heartbroken if my living was dependant on veg production/selling

Phew....amd phew again!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks Chris, never thought you'd ask
                          If the price is right!

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                          While I don't know you Chris, I get the feeling we are on the same wave length. I thought you got a job with a bit of travelling involved?
                          I did yep, we'll be buying some office space in Cardiff soon, so I'll be up that way shortly - have made my intentions clear with one of the directors, who surprisingly agreed straight away with me. I have had a similar business idea for some time now and have been looking out for land near to me for a while now

We should have a mini meet with the s.walians around - it'd be good to finally meet you.

You deserved that Chris.
                          VC types too fast!! Or my brain is a bit too slow to read further replies!

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                            If the price is right!

We should have a mini meet with the s.walians around - it'd be good to finally meet you.

VC types too fast!! Or my brain is a bit too slow to read further replies!
                            How much money you got, Chris? I'm not cheap you know
                            A mini meet would be fun - let's do it
                            And yes, Chris, its your brain............

Comment

How many do we have on this forum, I'm sure there was one from Scotland somewhere.

I've been contemplating buying a piece of land roughly 15 acres and turning my hand, well a tractor and producing veggies for local deliveries. I've found a lovely spot and its got an established PYO not far away, so there could be some mutual benefit possibly.

These are very early thoughts and just wondered what the major pitfalls were?
                              Quite one or two of my ancesters have thrown up market gardener as an occupation. Ive been researching the family history. Maybe I should...
                              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

i'd love to grow veggies for a living .... there are some smallholdings not far from me, most are small nurseries selling flowers .... one or two are virtually unused .... i'm tempted to go see the old boy in one and see if he'll let us use the land ....

if not, we're planning to move to france in 2 years time, so might try it out there ....
                                http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X