This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
    People who go through a busy checkout at the supermarket - talking on their phone and taking not a blind bit of notice of the person serving them. How rude.
    Indeed but likewise shop assistants who don't make eye contact with you and just vaguely grunt at the card machine and never break off their conversation with the colleague - I actively avoid shops where they do that, bloomin' rude.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• This:

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
      Not all my posts have been 'Rants' either!
      Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
      same with me
      Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
      Wot you been chatting in the rant thread I find that hard to believe,you being such a good girlie & all that...
      Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
      :P and :P and :P and :P to you!
      Oh yer,I forgot to mention how quite & demure your post have been of late
      Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
      Snap - chatting on the rant thread
      did you put a nice ring of salt around it Flo ?

STOP CHATTING ON THE RANT THREAD....!!!
      Last edited by SarzWix; 18-07-2012, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• And. People who only bring 1 pint of milk in from outside, and leave the other 3 outside to go off Lazy so-and-so's will probably moan in the morning when they can't have their cereal and/or coffee...

Comment

• Within 24hrs of receiving paperwork for 1st Winter Fuel Allowance............................ Scottish Power emailed me with a £20 per month increase on my Direct Debit . Is Big Brother watching?
          Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
          Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

• We decided to do a charity cycle ride together, so I decided to waste 6 hrs trying to find a way to get us there and back, with a hotel stop for one night.

- the train is every 2 hrs, will only allow 4 bikes at a time and no trailers (although pushchairs aren't banned, and it amounts to the same thing).
            You have no way of knowing how many bikes are on the train already, because you can't book a reservation any more.
            It's a charity cycle ride, so there's a good chance that many, many people will be waiting to put their bikes on. We can't stand and wait, possibly in the rain, for the next (and last) one on a Sunday evening, 50 miles from home.

- so next I look at dog-friendly hotels in the area. There are several listed within 10 miles of the venue. They are either full, or insist you pay for 2 nights not just the one. The only one that would let us stay for one night stipulates you can bring a pet "on request". The link on their website doesn't work, and my email to them gets bounced back. I phone, and get an answer machine. OH phones a few hours later and is given short shrift: we don't allow dogs. "well, it's all over your own website that you do", plus you're on the dog friendly hotels website. "Well we don't now, a dog just wrecked a room." So we would have cycled 50 miles only to be turned away, if we hadn't phoned you first? Yes.

Great.

It wasn't worth asking if humans wreck a room, are all humans banned?

Camping isn't an option in this weather, esp. after cycling 50 miles each day. We want a hot bath and a hot meal.

So stuff the staycation, stuff British trains and hotels, we're going to flipping well stay at home ):
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
              STOP CHATTING ON THE RANT THREAD....!!!

Last edited by bearded bloke; 19-07-2012, 07:27 AM.
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• WARNING - very non-pc post ahead!

Pregnancy and motherhood is not an excuse to take the mick. Being pregnant does not absolve you of the need to actually work when you're at work. Being pregnant does not infer permission to arrive late, leave early and take 2 hours for lunch in the interim. Being pregnant does not make you immune to a poor performance review, don't look so shocked when you know you've done s** all for the last 4 months...what did you expect? Promotion?

On a related note; getting pregnant, taking full maternity leave and retuning to work already pregnant again isn't going to make you popular with the people who have been (and will have to again) cover your workload. What do you expect me to do about it? I can make it clear that a certain level of conduct is expected but I can't force people to like you/interact with you on any more than a purely professional basis.

Aaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sorry if I've caused offense, it's not intended.

Comment

• Always found it hard when I was nursing and ended up with pregnant people who couldn't lift. Hello, it's ok not to be able to lift, but you can't do this particular job unless you can - because I can't make the patients levitate. When I was pregnant with twins I couldn't bend in the middle (funnily enough) so I only took jobs in special care where all the babies were at waist height.
                  Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• People chatting on the rant thread -
                    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Dirty bla@@y kids (grown up ones). Got a phone call from daughter - could I look to see if her mobile phone had fallen down the side of the armchair. Had a look - no phone but OMG the crud. Pens, sweet papers, an empty paracetamol foil, a tag from a recent purchase, used baby wipes and tissues and about twentyfive pence in loose change. Yuck!!!!!

Comment

• Completely pants customer service, or is it me?

Placed an order for more yarn from a company in Cheshire. I had previously ordered the same yarn but not enough. Realised an hour after ordering the second lot that I still won't have enough yarn so phoned up to ask if they can add a further four skeins to my order - bringing the cost to nearly £36, so not a small order. No they cannot do that 'at this late stage'. Has my order been posted already then? No, it hasn't been processed yet, not even bagged up. So you can't pop another four skeins onto the order and take payment for it over the phone, no? No, can't do that, you'll have to go through the website and place a completely fresh order.

If it weren't for the fact that I need matching dye lots/shade numbers, I'd go elsewhere.

I don't know, maybe it's just me?
                        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• OH's complete inability to make decisions on non-work related stuff...

I want to book a weeks holiday somewhere. I don't care whether it's Wales, France, Bulgaria, Yorkshire etc. I'm willing to do all the legwork re research and booking.

However, OH is worried about money (although my contract isn't permanent, we have enough stashed away to afford a cheapish week somewhere), he is worried about work (i.e. all the catching up he'll have to do when he gets back - although he forgets that people do work and go on holiday all the time and manage to 'catch up'), and he doesn't want to miss a football game as he has bought his season ticket now and the season starts in August (don't even get me started)....

We didn't have a holiday last year. We're into the end of July almost, and he hasn't even taken a week's worth of holidays from his 25 day allowance that runs Jan-Dec (I haven't really had any hols as I'm a temp, but did have 5 weeks off earlier this year). Which means he will stress more as the year goes on that he hasn't taken any holidays. He is near burn-out/nervous breakdown but refuses to address it.

I've lined up my mum or sister to house/chicken sit for us, dogs can go in the kennels - I just want him to say "Right, here is the week I've got off - book something....."

Argh!

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                            Completely pants customer service, or is it me?

Placed an order for more yarn from a company in Cheshire. I had previously ordered the same yarn but not enough. Realised an hour after ordering the second lot that I still won't have enough yarn so phoned up to ask if they can add a further four skeins to my order - bringing the cost to nearly £36, so not a small order. No they cannot do that 'at this late stage'. Has my order been posted already then? No, it hasn't been processed yet, not even bagged up. So you can't pop another four skeins onto the order and take payment for it over the phone, no? No, can't do that, you'll have to go through the website and place a completely fresh order.

If it weren't for the fact that I need matching dye lots/shade numbers, I'd go elsewhere.

I don't know, maybe it's just me?
                            Not just you at all, it's frustrating when the concept of customer service appears alien to those who work in 'customer service'.

Further to my rant from yesterday, the same lady is threatening to lodge a complaint against me. She is of the opinion that the only reason she's been given a lousy review is because she's pregnant, nothing to do with lack of punctuality, missing every deadline in the last 3 months and failure to comply with an agreed performance support plan then!

I've done everything by the book but it could really get messy.

Comment

• Olympics start next week so why are they showing team gb football on bbc today?

Grrrrrrrr
                              Last edited by cardiffsteve; 20-07-2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Bar steward employer of my son who owes him 4 wks money. Son asked if any money was going into his account this week and was told no. Son asked for sub, as he had no money at all, and was told to come to XX pub. Was given £100, said thank you, and later received a text saying 'Watch your step'.

The sooner he finds something else the better. Not easy though.
                                Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
                                Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X