Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nobody told me..........

help me!

nobody told me that when I started growing on an allotment I would also develop a habit of stopping the car beside every skip that i see and having a good look inside. sometimes the car ends up looking like a skip on wheels with pallets etc in the back.

is this normal??

I also slow down past building sites to look at the rubbish piles!
    Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
    Bob Dylan

Afraid its all part of growing your own!

Bernie aka Dexterdog
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hi and welcome to the cloub you will also be looking at everything at work that could be used my car is only 2 years old and it is a descrase well to some it is its has soil tools it has had a 10 by 6 green house on the rouf the plastic thast is over the trolly park at Tesco
      and its only a Fiat Panda I thik Mr D has a Photo of the green house on the car tied on with string and my belt
      Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
      Dobby

Comment

I'm worse I walk round the streets picking up rubber bands the postman has dropped.
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

The company I work for frequently has pallets dumped on their site which they end up having to pay for disposal. They've found a free disposal operator in me .
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

It's a grand hobby isn't it?????
            As LJ will agree- the rear half of my car is more like a mobile shed !!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Think yourself lucky you only have skips to distract you. I am half a mile away from thousands of miles of sea and the beach is always full of "useful" odds and ends

Comment

Whats the most unusual thing anyone has "recycled"?

I use the old back bumper off my OHs Merc as the framework for a cold frame!!

Bernie aka Dexterdog
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I walk to work every morning and have been passing a masive abandoned tyre which would be great as a raised bed for my herbs. Problem is it's at the side of a very busy main road and I would be in full public view and would probably struggle to lift it alone . There is NO WAY oh would help

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                    I'm worse I walk round the streets picking up rubber bands the postman has dropped.
                    I hope you put them all in the nearest red pillar box
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Problem is when you don't have a car! You should see what I' ve brought home strapped to my bike.

Comment

My car is so full of stuff it looks like a skip.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                          I hope you put them all in the nearest red pillar box
                          OOH! no I have made them into a ball(cricket ball size at mo)
                          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                          Brian Clough

Comment

Only took over lottie on Saturday. Suddenly found meself a rotovator (use of anytime) . Was let down on a greenhouse cuppla weeks ago - now got two. That's on top of the pallets and coldframe already posted about. People are so generous in the lottie world . I like it here

Janie
                            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                              Our postman drops lovely lenghts of string. My OH and I spend our time looking for the lenghts of string he has dropped when we go walking with our grandchildren in their buggys. Gives us an extra reason to go on our walks.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X