Worst summer ever! The weather, the football and to top it all the Olympics

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    - at least the sportsmen and woman are doing something positive rather than just getting drunk and showing us all how thick they are
    Are you sure??? Not all sportsmen and women I grant you, but certainly sounds like some of the footballers I read about.

I wouldn't get rid of my TV as there can be decent drama and documentaries, often time shifted by using 'replay', you just have to be selective.

With the millions of channels available, you would think that there would be a greater variety of sport though wouldn't you? If it is shown, there will be an audience. Who remembers staying up till the wee hours watching, and being excited by, the curling?
    Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
    Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
      I like your optimism....
      I don't see any optimism in the statement that it either rains or it doesn't.

As for the TV, I haven't had a TV since I moved out of my parents' house 14 years ago, so that's one source of boredom less

Comment

Originally posted by singleseeder View Post
        Who remembers staying up till the wee hours watching, and being excited by, the curling?
        I do remember being unable to sleep because of the curlers/rollers in my hair - does that count?

Comment

Noooo.... these curlers.
          Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by singleseeder View Post
            Noooo.... these curlers.
            Are they hairdressers then?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Are they hairdressers then?
              Nooo, noooo, noooo.......

Comment

The solution to the rain...get a hobby that improves with rain.

The solution to the bag-of-air kicking competition...don't turn on the TV.

The solution to the Olympics...I guess there isn't one, it'll be everywhere, just like Lizzie's sixty years on the big chair.
                Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

VC I'm hoping you are reading a book right now and not practicing your breast stroke?! Dreadful weather shown in Wales.
                  As for me, the rain makes the weeds come up a lot easier and means I don't have to water. The blueberries are looking the best I've ever had. Sport? What's that?
                  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Thanks VVG, We've had a lot of wind and rain but I'm a long way away from the worst of it. Hope everyone else in West Wales is OK.
                    PS The tomatoes are looking great and I have my first 3 armpits ready to pot on!!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Thanks VVG, We've had a lot of wind and rain but I'm a long way away from the worst of it. Hope everyone else in West Wales is OK.
                      PS The tomatoes are looking great and I have my first 3 armpits ready to pot on!!
                      That's good then. The news pictures looked dreadful.
                      On the tomato front I'm very pleased. I should have given you the other twelve orphans I don't know what to do with
                      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                        That's good then. The news pictures looked dreadful.
                        On the tomato front I'm very pleased. I should have given you the other twelve orphans I don't know what to do with
                        Me miss, me me me

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                          VC I'm hoping you are reading a book right now and not practicing your breast stroke?! Dreadful weather shown in Wales.
                          As for me, the rain makes the weeds come up a lot easier and means I don't have to water. The blueberries are looking the best I've ever had. Sport? What's that?
                          Well, VVG, how about slug hunting as a sport??
                          If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

We have a telly, but it only plays sport anyway.

I don't watch TV ~ I have a house to keep clean(ish), a lotty to tend, a dog to train, clothes to sew, plants to grow ... there aren't enough hours in the day to watch TV as well
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                              We have a telly, but it only plays sport anyway.
                              Mine's pretty much the same TS as you well know and I also find that during the hour or so Himself and I watch something (always other than sport) on something other than the Beeb, there are no adverts. Just snippets of snooker, darts, football, golf, cricket, motorbiking, dog racing, the list goes on and on and on
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by donnakebab View Post
                                Is that a new sport then?
                                LOL no, security manoevres!
                                http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X