No announcement yet.

feeling thirsty and technically minded?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeling thirsty and technically minded?

Heat your greenhouse with beercans | Swindon Viewpoint

I may have to try something similar....

There should be a health warning with that video. Legionaires disease could well result.

Comment

Does it work with vodka bottles taff?

Comment

d'ya know, I reckon it would work better, because if you fill the outside or inside ones with water, you negate the need for a separate heatsink....thus ensuring you have to empty the bottles first....altrhough vodka doesn't freeze...

Comment

So the real question is, can a drop of voddy be left in the bottle.... will power needed++!

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
            Heat your greenhouse with beercans | Swindon Viewpoint

I may have to try something similar....
            Well that's one excuse for cracking a can I suppose
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Well it's all very clever but I think he should get out more.

Comment

I would have thought something like the wotsitsname wall would be a lot simpler and just as effective, just a mass of whatever, painted matt black, will absorb sun heat all day and give off that heat at night, the original version (can't recall the name) was the south-facing wall of the house, painted black and a lean-to greenhouse built against it, If your greenhouse is free-standing, maybe build a 'wall' against the north side and paint THAT black on the sunny side (white on the back), and make sure it doesn't get rising-damp.
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse
                • Holly Daze
                  Leeks
                  by Holly Daze
                  Morning! I’ve grown some leeks from seed and have transplanted them into small pots. To give context they are about 6 inches tall and skinny. When can I transplant them into my raised bed please? This is the second time I have grown these. First time they were devastated by alium moth or something...
                  Today, 08:58 AM
                • Snoop Puss
                  Reply to Chitchat thread #24
                  by Snoop Puss
                  Today, 08:44 AM
                • greenishfing
                  Reply to Cooking Tonight #5
                  by greenishfing
                  Today, 08:41 AM

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...