Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duck is used in East London as well

Comment

When the kids were little we used to get them to say 'Ta' instead of 'Thank You' had one old b*gger who complained that kids these days only say 'Ta' not Thank you. Felt like saying 'I'll thank you to pee off, and take your whinging with you!
      I have noticed sometimes that adults will say please and thank you to other adults, but it they are speaking to children the please and thank you's can be few and far between. So I think if we asked kids they'd probably say 'Adults don't have manners like they used to in the old days'
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Its lovely when someone is polite, and even nicer when two strangers take time to interact with each other over a common bond, not easy face to face these days, especially with an age difference to boot.

Personally I don't care what anyone calls me, as long as it's not rude or nasty. Elizabeth has so many derivatives having different names is something I'm more than used to (I most definitely do not fit 'Elizabeth' btw) so lovie, dear, flower, petal etc just feels like an extension of the whole Liz, Lizzy, Eliza, Beth, Betty, lizzy Lemon, Lizzy Lou thing. I love 'Duck'; the first time I was called it was by an ex-boyfriends Mum so it meant a lot to me at the time. I call female friends 'chicken' or 'chick' all the time and men get called bloke or dude. I quite often used Sir when I'm serving or addressing someone I dont know, it's just being polite as far as Im concerned and it can go a long way sometimes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X