Freecycle

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
    a lot of second hand retailers use it near us for aquiring stock.
    I don't care who has my junk, or why they want it: they're doing me a favour by taking it away

Originally posted by Farmer_Gyles View Post
    an almost new double bed got smashed up and dumped .... 4 tvs ended up down the dump
    Oh, that makes me wince.

There are people who have nothing, who would be glad of your cast-offs
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      Oh, that makes me wince.
      There are people who have nothing, who would be glad of your cast-offs
      everything i have gets offered on up to 3 freecycle groups .... if it isn't taken on the first, i post on the second and so on .... i also offer to charity shops .... i've taken several car loads to the charity shops this year .... so few can take beds and tvs tho and they all turned down ours as they had no more room .....
      http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

^ ah. You do live in Posh Surrey, that might explain the lack of takers
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I took a load of old kitchen bits and pieces to the charity shop the other day (less hassle than freecycle for what I had) and while I was there asked if they took old duvets (have tried to freecycle them in the past with no takers and they really are in good nick, we just don't need them), they looked really pleased (so will take next week) and also mentioned that they have a man who takes scrap metal for them which they make a bit of money out of so am going to remember that for the future.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

charity shops usually have a contract with someone to take their rag, they get about 5 quid for a black bag full of it, so they probably were really chufed with duvets, one will fill a black bag
            I htink Oxfam are the only one who have their own recycling plant, they sort the clothes into wearable and sellabel stuff, and then rag after that.

Comment

I cast off everything. We never dump a thing. There's always someone happy to take stuff for something.
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
                charity shops usually have a contract with someone to take their rag, they get about 5 quid for a black bag full of it, so they probably were really chufed with duvets, one will fill a black bag
                I htink Oxfam are the only one who have their own recycling plant, they sort the clothes into wearable and sellabel stuff, and then rag after that.
                there are a couple of businesses opening shop-fronts throughout the country, who will pay £5 or £6 a bag for clothes .... they don't seem to take "unsellables" tho .... and there are a couple of places where they will pay a small amount for rags purely for recycling ....

Comment

there are a few smaller places that will take electrical equipment. Sue Ryders usually takes them, they have someone to PAT test them in most places. They also collect furniture.
                  Also there will probably be some kind of charity/social help shop thatwill take furniture, and come and collect.
                  You do have to search them out though, they don't advertise much.

Comment

Air Ambulance collect furniture - I think Red Cross do too.

Comment

another good trade we had the other day .... i make jams .... i've been saving up various jars for years .... i had a tidy up in the garage, 71 jars cleared out .... i offered them on freecycle, they got snapped up .... the couple that came to collect gave us a goose egg .... it made a lovely jam sponge cake .... i'm off to scoff a bit now ....

i've got a woman coming to collect the treadmill tomorrow .... and she's offered me some worms for a womery .... just need to make a wormery ....

Comment

Yes people CAN have 'nothing to give away', if they never part with anything until it is useless! Anything I've finished with is rubbish, not fit to offer.
                        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

A post the other day on my freecycle site asked for a 7 seater vehicle that was in good condition and cheap to run! On the other hand I am waiting to hear if I can collect some plum coloured slate from a poster. All the rain has made our path and patio area sink, so we need to top up the slate.
                          I gave away my son's bike the other day to someone in the village. He was really pleased, and so was I, it has been cluttering up the garage for 8 years not being used. I'm not going to mention it to my son though because as soon as he hears it's gone, he would want it. (He doesn't live at home now.)
                          I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                          Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X