No announcement yet.

Getting to know neighbours

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a lovely idea - or should I say - There's lovely!
    Every Boxing Day morning all the neighbours, past and present would come round to our house for mulled wine and mincepies and we'd catch up on the news. Some years there'd be 40-50 friends all dropping in to say hello, not just to us but to our other neighbours as well. In turn we'd go to someone New Year's eve or a summer party. We lived in 3 different houses and did the same in each.
    I don't do it now that I'm on my own but I can always walk in to my neighbours without being asked!

Comment

I am petrified of height Chris!!

I'm guessing Chris you wouldn't stand out on this then.

The Sky deck in Chicago

I grew up playing lawn bowls so have been chatting to the elderly since I was a nipper.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mikey; 04-05-2012, 12:35 PM.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Where I come from VC that was done after New Years and you had to go with a piece of coal.

Comment

First footing and all that!
          Another of my strange habits is to say Hello or smile at everyone I pass and if I can't get them to return my greeting I feel quite let down. I still wave at trains and, yes, passengers do still wave back at this idiotic whitehaired old biddy standing by the railway line - sometimes the driver waves as well and that really makes my day!

Comment

What are you doing playing on railway lines?

nutter...

Comment

Playing veggie chicken of course

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                That's a lovely idea - or should I say - There's lovely!
                Every Boxing Day morning all the neighbours, past and present would come round to our house for mulled wine and mincepies and we'd catch up on the news. Some years there'd be 40-50 friends all dropping in to say hello, not just to us but to our other neighbours as well. In turn we'd go to someone New Year's eve or a summer party. We lived in 3 different houses and did the same in each.
                I don't do it now that I'm on my own but I can always walk in to my neighbours without being asked!
                Well you can always pop over here - though do please knock - I could be running around in me kegs or worse!

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                I am petrified of height Chris!!

I'm guessing Chris you wouldn't stand out on this then.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28846[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28847[/ATTACH]

The Sky deck in Chicago

I grew up playing lawn bowls so have been chatting to the elderly since I was a nipper.
                Not a chance. Have you see this? Las Vegas Stratosphere X-Scream Ride (Insane 900ft high!) - YouTube - makes me feel ill when I watch it.

First footing and all that!
                Another of my strange habits is to say Hello or smile at everyone I pass and if I can't get them to return my greeting I feel quite let down. I still wave at trains and, yes, passengers do still wave back at this idiotic whitehaired old biddy standing by the railway line - sometimes the driver waves as well and that really makes my day!
                I often wave at random folk. Just for fun though - I love driving past waving, they wave back then in your mirror you see the confused look on their face.
                Last edited by chris; 04-05-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

So that's 3 of us, living in South Wales who are friendly nutters. Gives me a nice warm glow inside

Comment

Yeah Mikey, when are we coming over for some of these pop cakes? Mind you, can we leave it a week or so - I'm errr house bound at the mo.

Comment

I know lots of people on my street. Mainly cos I've doorknocked everyone to sign a petition a few years back. I've got a printout of the houses and am crossing them off as I get invited in for a brew lol.

I am the person who seems to know the email for everything so I do have lots of people asking me for info.

I would love to do a book about my street - with a photo of everyone's lounge to show just how different they all are.

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                        I often wave at random folk. Just for fun though - I love driving past waving, they wave back then in your mirror you see the confused look on their face.
                        snap. it cheers me up as much as it does them

Comment

So that's 3 of us, living in South Wales who are friendly nutters. Gives me a nice warm glow inside
                          Originally posted by taff View Post
                          snap. it cheers me up as much as it does them
                          Make that 4 Welsh, or honorary Welsh Nutters!

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                            When stuck in traffic jams especially on motorways, I wind down my windows and offer sweets to people in other cars.
                            It makes them smile and we have a chat.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
                              When stuck in traffic jams especially on motorways, I wind down my windows and offer sweets to people in other cars.
                              Make that 4 Welsh, or honorary Welsh Nutters!
                              Its now 5 Friendly Welsh Nutters!!

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
                                So YOU were the strange man who gave me sweeties- my mom told me to watch out for men like you
                                Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X