No announcement yet.

Ok, so.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My neighbour had a Harris hawk. She did his chickens, his doves and had a go at his dogs. She was so beautiful!

Comment

OMG, I'd have run a mile if anybody had brought that in to me, especially when vulnerable in the bath, absolutley terrified of birds like that, horrible vicious things, had to scroll quickly past the picces too!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        My neighbour had a Harris hawk. She did his chickens, his doves and had a go at his dogs. She was so beautiful!
        Jakk won't tough the chooks - not after a broody with new chicks beat him up. I had to beat her off with fishfinger box (only thing to hand) whilst screaming to DD for help.

And he doesn't touch the cats - there's some mutual respect going on there.

The chickens, on the other hand, will beat the carp out of any cat that isn't ours if it ventures into our garden.
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Do you normally keep a fishfinger box to hand for emergencies, Jules?
          Oh, and, is a fishfinger box a Glove?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Do you normally keep a fishfinger box to hand for emergencies, Jules?
            Oh, and, is a fishfinger box a Glove?
            LMAO! no...come to think of it, that was three years ago and I don't think we've had fishfingers in the house since. I just glanced out of the kitchen window to see Shirley Partridge Wyandotte laying into poor Jakk, who was tethered to his low bow perch and couldn't get away. Wasn't sure who was attacking whom at first. Shirley didn't even lose a feather, Jakky was scratched all over, bless him. The kids were having FFs for tea that day.
            Jules

Comment

Sounds like a rational explanation to me

Comment

FFs for tea Jules?
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Oh, just realised, Fish Fingers, doh
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

That's amazing. I have a thing for birds (the feathered kind!), I'd love a BoP One of my life "plans" is to breed hyacinth macaws to bolster their numbers.

Comment

I'd love a proper parrot. We've got two Kakarikis (well, they're DD's) one is a rescue bird, just getting her feathers back. Hyacinth Macaws are stunning. Not sure what the moggies would think, Cleo would be very jealous if I got a parrot.
                      Jules

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                        He got very excited last night - he could smell the injured seagull (now thankfully collected) and thought the DD was going to let him eat it. If it had been more badly injured than it was I think she would have dispatched & frozen it for him.

Jakk 'does' pigeons and crows, rats, rabbits......he's not speciesist.
                        We could do with him here. Lots of gulls squawking at 5am today.

Comment

So-o-o cool. So-o-o-o jealous. So-o-o-o lmao at the thought of you and your trusty fish finger box!
                          When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X