No announcement yet.

Cooking for one.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you mean Gordon F..... Ramsey? That lot is so simple, even a gorilla could do it!

Comment

I have a halogen too and find that it cooks joints of meat really well. Since raw meat can be cooked, then frozen, defrosted and reheated to piping hot, why don't you bung a whole chicken or joint of meat in there when you get home from work then it could cook during the evening and could be popped in the fridge before you go to bed?

The next day when you get home you can portion up the meat, freeziing it in its current unaccompanied state or incorporating it into a meal, ie with pasta or potatoes etc, and then freeze these meals so you always have something to eat from the freezer/fridge.

Batch cooking is the way to go for sure, but with meat cooking so quickly in a halogen i reckon you could roast at least 2 pieces/joints of meat a week and then you only have to work out what to put with it. You could make up a big pan of mash and portion it too maybe.
      Spelling errors are my area of expertise. Apologies if my jumbled up mind/words cause offence.

Comment

I can't be bothered to cook when it's just me unless it's something I really like, like lasagne, which I will then cook a lot of, and portion and freeze.
        Find something you like, cook a lot of it, then freeze.
        Course, it doesn't help that my mealtimes are spent in front of the computer when I'm home, so make a thing of a meal and eat at the table, with a book if you have no conversation....I havent got a table (flat is too small) otherwise I'd follow my own advice

(and it doesnt matter how much I dont cook, it still doesn't mean I'd go down the ready meal route..this years ready meal count is two, one half price crispy duck, and one beef bourginon - the first was lovely, the second was ok, but not that good really)
        Last edited by taff; 29-04-2012, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X