No announcement yet.

Open University?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I remember, Summer School was compulsory for the Foundation courses - I did Arts and had to go to Keele, Staffs. Don't remember much about it - which is probably just as well!

Comment

Residentials are very few and far between these days. And not very many courses run over the summer months any more either. Most start in October and finish at the end of May.

Comment

I don't remember much of my 4 years worth of summer schools either - probably because I spent too long in the students bar
        went to Durham, Bath, Keele and Warwick

Comment

That was my problem too - but there were some erudite discussions....

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
            Residentials are very few and far between these days. And not very many courses run over the summer months any more either. Most start in October and finish at the end of May.
            Sadly, that's just as well. The BH needs my help most days so he can't go away, and I can't leave him for the same reason.
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

i remember summer schools ... vaguely ... lol!
              http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                That was my problem too - but there were some erudite discussions....
                As technology students we spent a lot of our 'erudite' evening discussions flat on our backs on the grass trying to measure the distance to the moon, and pretending to know which constellation was which..........sweet joy

Comment

I spent some of mine flat on my back too......

Comment

Ha Ha! and there was always the last chance, sorry, last night disco to look forward to

Comment

We had a last night concert, when the tutors and pupils re-enacted scenes from... No I won't say any more....

Comment

Some tutors were very amusing and some were very naughty ....... I think everybody enjoyed the week away from home, as well as learning some 'stuff' for the course - of course LOL

Comment

Don't ever let anyone tell you that you're too old to do something.

Damn Cheek!

I started Uni in October 2006 so I was 47. I had a daughter in her last year at school and one at college. By the end of that year my brother had died and I had to start taking insulin for my diabetes. Got through all that as you do. Learned a lot, put a lot of effort in. During the second year exams OH had a mild heart attack so gave uni up and got a part time job. I still owe over 6k for tuition fees.

Even though it didn't turn out as I had planned I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I still have all my notes and essays and could probably pick it up again through OU one day when I have more money.

Go for it and choose something you both have an interest in. I think it's important to have a sounding board when studying.

Comment

I spent some of mine flat on my back too......
                            What were you doing? No...don't answer that.....

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                            Ha Ha! and there was always the last chance, sorry, last night disco to look forward to
                            Please tell me that was better than the discos when I was 16? I'm so rubbish at disco dancing, too much ballet!

We had a last night concert, when the tutors and pupils re-enacted scenes from... No I won't say any more....
                            Rocky Horror Show?
                            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                              What were you doing? No...don't answer that.....
                              Please tell me that was better than the discos when I was 16? I'm so rubbish at disco dancing, too much ballet!
                              Rocky Horror Show?
                              1. Sleeping?
                              2. More like grab a Granny!
                              3. It felt like it!

Comment

1. Sleeping?
                                2. More like grab a Granny!
                                3. It felt like it!
                                1. sleeping? not a lot ... too much 'erudite' discussion for that, I'm afraid
                                2. when you're p'd you just know you can dance really well, don't you
                                3. Probably

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X