X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
    Farmer_Gyles is starting a campaign
    oh no he isn't! lol!
    he is hoping that someone else will start it .....
    http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
      Can it be a commercial user of the property?
      Yes but we can't find one. The buildings are on the flood plain so the site cannot be redeveloped. It has been used as an Education Centre and has a lot of small study bedrooms, but there is little demand for that sort of thing these days so the Council want to off-load it or sell it. We are a registered Charity and could have it rate-free but a commercial user would be liable for these.

It isn't giving me sleepless nights yet but if we acquired the buildings I think it would!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer_Gyles View Post
        oh no he isn't! lol!
        he is hoping that someone else will start it .....
        Your destiny is in your hands.

OK strictly speaking it's tied up in beaurocratic red tape enough to drown a horse. But if you don't start then you don't know where you could end up.

Comment

i have a good sized back garden ... it's 60% lawn, 40% veggies .... will be 60% veggies by summer ... and the remainder of the lawn will have chickens, another shed etc ... i'd rather have an allotment plot than give up my lawn ....
          i also have stepped beds from the patio to the lawn .... they've been commandeered for veggies now too ....

Comment

this might settle the "longest waiting list" discussion .... although i haven't read it all ....
            The English allotment lottery | Life and style | guardian.co.uk

Comment

Thanks FG. Margaret is a helper on our site! I shall ask her wHen I see her next on Monday at the local fed meeting!

Spooky response.........

Loving my allotment!

Comment

So just how do I try to get on a waiting list? I see comments in the local news about allotments and lists, but they never tell us who to contact!
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                  So just how do I try to get on a waiting list? I see comments in the local news about allotments and lists, but they never tell us who to contact!
                  The council ...

Although go along to your nearest allotment site on a weekend (When it's not raining) and ask there.
                  They'll tell you exactly what you need to know.

Google maps your area and look for them!
                  Or do a search of your council website and see if they list them!
                  Last edited by alldigging; 28-04-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X