I'm Confused and in a Quandary

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taff View Post
    no one is giving me a cwtch before gwely time....
    I need a new cwtch-giver....
    Same here, taff. You can't beat a good cwtch.....

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      I didn't ask if you gave Mrs Chris a cwtch, but Mrs Steve, you're twp?
      I really must learn to read.
      Sorry Chris.

Comment

??

Still lost

Comment

Update if interested

I've had confirmation today of new job.
          I start on 8th May working 16 hours then after a few weeks will increase up to 30 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
            I've had confirmation today of new job.
            I start on 8th May working 16 hours then after a few weeks will increase up to 30 hours.
            well done there that man,congratulations and all the best,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Congrats Steve! I know you've chosen the right job for you (whichever one it is!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                Don't they have cwtches before gwelly time?
                Originally posted by chris View Post
                I have no idea what that means
                As no one bothered to clear this up for you mate, its a cuddle at bedtime. Though you've been here long enough to know better.

When I was much younger I learn't a little bit of north welsh, then I married a south wales girl and did all my vows in Welsh, I'm not sure whether it was legal I didn't understand a word of it !!!

I then discovered that half of what I'd learnt was pointless, as conversational welsh bares no resemblance to the queens welsh that I was brought up with!!. My wife is more likely to say some thing like ble ti mynd?, (where you going?), as opposed to Ble rwy ti'n mynd? as is grammatically correct. These days my ears are half tuned in and half not, though I think that has more to do with being married than not understanding.

Congrats Steve.
                I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

at least you speak welsh, mine just comes from pobol y cwm, and a bit from the welsh teacher moons ago.....
                  chwarae teg innit g'boy....see what I mean?

Comment

I like Wenglish or TalkTidy! Talk Tidy: About Us
                    Here's cwtch:
                    Cwtch
                    A much loved and much used local word having a number of uses:
                    (a) The coal cwtch, or the cwtch under the stairs/cwtch dan star - a storage place: derived from the Welsh 'cwt'.
                    (b) To keep concealed; "Keep that cwtched by there now - don't want anybody to see it... "
                    (c) Lie down, as in the order to a dog - "Go (and find your) cwtch!"
                    (d) To be fondled and snuggled up in an especially loving way "Cwtch up to your mam now". A child nursed "Welsh fashion is well and truly being 'cwtched'
                    (e) To warn off (now seemingly obsolete in local usage); "Bar cwtch, bar cwtch, don't come to my cwtch" A warning issued by children to others when out blackberry picking.

Comment

We have a cwtch dan star, its still waiting for me to fit a door on it, but we have one!!

We also have a Ty Bach..., and in there we have some wooden letters that spell out Ty Bach. I like to mix them up and call batchy or 'bath cy' even though we don't have a dog.
                      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X