Is it bad to want to show off?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
    Does the flavour change between a standard sized onion and an exhibition stonker AP?
    Note I'm ignoring the comment about never having had a big one. Hussy tsk

Seriously though. It honestly depends on the variety. kelsae which is the variety commonly grown is very sweet. Sliced,it is super on a cheese and onion sandwich. The variety I grow - Ailsae is a cross between kelsae and ailsa craig and to put it mildly, is a bit nippy. Having said that, there are sweet and nippy small onions too.

Comment

There's nowt wrong with proudly and humbly displaying your achievements to the world, but gloating is neither big nor clever. So no, it's not bad to want to show off, if it's done in the right way.
      Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

I am always vaguely surprised that something turns out ok - that's why I post pictures for people to share.
        That said, I'd be a complete liar if I said it wasn't lovely to read all the complimentary comments! Gives me a warm, rosy glow that lasts all day!
        When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Snips View Post
          There's nowt wrong with proudly and humbly displaying your achievements to the world, but gloating is neither big nor clever. So no, it's not bad to want to show off, if it's done in the right way.
          It's not gloating, it's demonstrating how good I am. I'm sure there must be something primeval in me

Comment

It's more rewarding to show things on on the Vine. Everyone at home just glances, says something like 'Oh yeah...nice' without even looking properly....makes you wonder why you bother at times.
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by Kleftiwallah View Post
              "Stop showing off" used to be my Mam's mantra.
              People who say that are usually just jealous of you.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Snips View Post
                gloating is neither big nor clever.
                You can be proud but humble at the same time. I can't abide bragging, people who go on FB to say "just having drinks with *someone famous*", or flashing their wad in front of friends who're struggling with the bills
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X