No announcement yet.

Look what I've found!!!...brill idea!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If these are the shells from soft-boiled eggs, surely they will have been opened at the round end? (and that would make a better shape for the 'pot' wouldn't it?)
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Do you open your soft boiled eggs at the round end Hilary? I open mine at the pointy end!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

If you used the eggs pointy end down, would it be better for drainage? And could you possibly (carefully) leave a circular wall of eggshell at the base of the plant to prevent slug attack, just peeling away the lower bit of the shell to allow root spread.

It's all getting fairly technical.....
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          d'oh!.......

Me! I said it...DO pay attention Snadge...I know- it's been a very long week

Alright, alright................. (I also got a speeding fine on Friday 13th!)
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Just thought of summat! If I am using eggs for cooking I usually crack em in half. This would give you two smaller portions for the price of one! Or would they be too small?
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              Just thought of summat! If I am using eggs for cooking I usually crack em in half. This would give you two smaller portions for the price of one! Or would they be too small?
              Don't see how it would be too small Snadge. Have you seen the size of some of the modules mail order send plants in?..............I don't own a pencil small enough to poke in the hole.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

How can you crack an egg in half, Snadge? I crack mine into about 20 little pieces, most of which end up in the liquid egg and have to be fished out. Oh, to have the gentle touch of a Snadger

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  How can you crack an egg in half, Snadge? I crack mine into about 20 little pieces, most of which end up in the liquid egg and have to be fished out. Oh, to have the gentle touch of a Snadger
                  Your supposed to use the edge of the pan or a knife VC........not a hammer.........
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

What else is a rolling pin for?

Comment

Sounds like the name of a new party game VC. Can anyone play?
                      Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
                      Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

I always thought it for beating the old man when he came in drunk........I've lead a sheltered life.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                          I always thought it for beating the old man when he came in drunk........I've lead a sheltered life.
                          Probably helps if you're tall - although s'pose it depends on what the missus is aiming for

Comment

Probably helps if you're tall - although s'pose it depends on what the missus is aiming for
                            Yeh, you could break someones kneecaps with a rolling pin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                              What like bus shelter. Bicycle shelter?
                              Air raid shelter?

Comment

Drop in, drop out shelter?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X