No announcement yet.

Photo resizing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colin,mine is set on max res (4.1 mega pixel) & they work fine as attachments

That picture has a flie size of 88.28 KB,click on the picture & it has dimensions scaled to 850px × 638px if you click on that image it will expand to 1,027px × 770px

Never tried putting a full size image on but most forums like 640x480 & Photobucket has that as an auto re-size at upload option
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bearded bloke; 12-04-2012, 07:26 PM.
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Thanks for all the help people, I just didn't want to mess anything up, I am pretty good at that. Not bad on combination boilers bu**er all use on putors.

Thanks again Colin
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

All depends on what you want to do woth your images. If you want to print out then you need best quality/ highest pixels going. ould suggest you always 'save as' so you have your origonal image still at high quality if you are going alter through resizing programme. If you know where your images are ending up, change your settings in camera to make life easy.
        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

I have to disagree RE best quality for printing, the printers maximum dpi will determine the quality of the printed image unless the camera is running at really low quality.

A top-end inkjet printer would be capable of producing around 10,000dpi, there are roughly 97 square inches to a sheet of A4 paper which means the printer is capable of printing roughly 970,000 dots on a sheet of A4. A one megapixel image is, therefore, made up of 30,000 more pixels/dots than the printer can print on a A4 sheet.
          The optics are always far more important than the amount of pixels.
          Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

OK, that all seems to make sense but was thinking of images saved for internet. They don't print well at at a decent size. Just best to keep origonal high quality image to keep options open.
            Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Absolutely. If the hard-drive space is available to you, and you're resizing an image to make it interweb friendly, then it makes sense to keep the original image if it's something you're likely to edit/alter at a later date.
              Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

OK so the old camera finally gave up the ghost so I have been pushed into using the new one.

Thanks to you guys I have managed to post pics with no problems.

Thanks again Colin
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I just open the photo in paint then save as newcopy
                  job done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X