No announcement yet.

Good God Kittens Are Irritating

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as you have a soft, furry friend, LL, that's good! You'll love each other!!
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 09-04-2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

What a totally gawjus little Mog! I want one!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Oh, and who, in their right mind, calls a Cat DESMOND!!? FFS

*wanders off shaking head...

All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Des was a late developer G4, even the vet was confused at first, so something had to be found that rhymed with what DD had called 'her' which was Bess or somesuch. He gets called Desmond, Des, Dezzie, Monsieur Le Monde, Mondo.....and he answers to them all. He suits his name.

That's him in the middle, with Charles on the left and Tilly on the right. Charlie gets called Charles too and, as he's such an elegant young man always in his dinner suit, it suits him.
          Last edited by julesapple; 09-04-2012, 02:49 PM.
          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I've had Lilly-the-cat for 7 years now, originally as an 8 week kitten with her brother (who sadly got run over when young).

She had more energy than a nuclear power station as a kitten! I confined them both to the conservatory for the first few weeks - obvously spending a lot of time in there with them, and also had a "baricade" so I could leave the door to the house open for them so we could talk but they couldn't get in - that lasted as long as it took for them to learn to climb/jump...

Also bought her a scratching post with a mouse on elastic - I had to put it away as she wouldn't leave it alone and was exhausted and panting but still chasing the damn thing! She had her time on it rationed.

Anyway, the upshot is that she is now (and alwasy has been) a very well behaved young lady with the manners of royaly (well, she does thing she is Queen Lilly!). So maybe you can train cats or was I just lucky????

<checks to see if any photos are available>
            No pics - they all disappeared when I changed latop
            If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

He is simply adorable, but then all cats are in my eyes.

My 'problem' was that I had wallpapered to entire flat with blown vinyl and two sharp-toed bundles of fluff soon learned that they could climb it...and climb it they did!
              One day (when they had got quite a bit bigger) they discovered they could only climb so far up before they slid back down again, but this didn't deter them and for months we had a seemingly endless supply of shredded wallpaper around the perimeter of the carpet.

Here's the cheeky pair... (I do hope this image isn't too big)

Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

Good 'eavens Pa! The one looking directly at the camera looks just like my sister's cat, Jazz. Or Kitty Bin Laden as my Dad calls her (real terrorist cat, attacks randomly)
                Jules

Comment

My lovely old Sebbie cat got totally smothered yesterday - all down to me having read these posts and seen kitten pics....... I remember him and lovely Monty cats kittenhood with such delight.
                  Once I had to climb about 20ft up spindly old Christmas tree to rescue Monty kittencat!!!! we got covered in sap...quick call to vet as to how to remove sap from a cat - Swarf-ga!! so next call to vets along the lines of......my Monty is now GREEN!!!! how to remove the green
                  I am not good with heights (even village kiddies were say cor missus your cat is high up!!
                  Mr HF round other side of world - no idea of drama unfolding
                  green cat..... and the smell of pine sap and Swarf-ga... but........

oh to be able to hold him in my arms now......... a little tear drops onto my keyboard....

Comment

Oh Hf, it's really sad to lose a cat (or any pet) we've lost three in the space of 18 months. R.D. 'fell asleep' in the sun and didn't wake up, Harry had to be PTS as his kidneys failed, and Pedro got hit by a twit in a 4x4 showing off in the road outside.

We miss them all.
                    Jules

Comment

Sooo cute these kitties. I know how you feel Headfry - I still miss my old cats very badly.

But this little lady does her best to keep me happy.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Jeanied; 10-04-2012, 08:38 AM.
                      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Jeanied - she is looks a lovely lady and looks like a cross of Monty and Sebbie cats awwwww

My Mum takes on many old strays and gives them very happy 'last years' she has so many kitty graves in her garden......yes, she gets very upset when one moves into 'kitty heaven' but I still dont know how she does it, I would be for ever crying!!!!!
                        Good on you Mummy

Comment

I'd love to say that your kitten will settle down, but both of mine still charge around the house (sometimes chasing each other, sometimes balls and other random toys).

One is 11, the other 14. I think cat sensibility must be stored in the tail, as both of mine have 'lost' theirs!

Comment

I'd be lost without the piggle-meister ! I do love a nice tuxedo cat!
                            Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                              Oh, and who, in their right mind, calls a Cat DESMOND!!? FFS

*wanders off shaking head...

People with think "Garfield " is too unsophisticated...:-)

Comment

I found a laser pen was a good way to tire our kitten out when he was getting in the way. He grew up too quickly though...

He has a very unimaginative name, so I'm too scared to mention it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X