So Where and why?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wales.

Because... it's got high enough ground (I want to be above 200m for preference, 300 would be better), because the weather is good for growing, because Westminster has less influence, because the Welsh Assembly seem to be more interested in the environment, climate change, and allowing people to build unusual but eco-friendly houses. Because whenever I go there, I don't want to go home. Because the language is fascinating, and still quite close to what all of Britain would have spoken before Saxons and Angles and Romans got involved in the mix.

Comment

For me, it would have to be the Isle Of Skye........Beautiful.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

On behalf of Wales, Thank you for your wonderful words, Sarah. I feel quite moved by them

Comment

I'd either go further west (work is holding me back from doing that) - pembrokeshire way, or Devon somewhere. Devon wise, I love the climate, west wales wise because I'd be closer to the sea (grew up pretty much IN the ocean), and as above the land is considerably cheaper. As said, if I didn't have to work to live, I'd be looking for land there now

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            All I'm saying is, if RT's comin' back here - I'm off to Perth!
            Quick come back RT
            Last edited by cardiffsteve; 01-04-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

I've been to Perth WA. In no hurry to go back. Not because of the in laws though.

Comment

Originally posted by donnakebab View Post
                I've been to Perth WA. In no hurry to go back. Not because of the in laws though.
                Have you been banned from there as well?

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
                  Have you been banned from there as well?
                  Ha ha! not me. It's their brother that's the problem!

Comment

Cheshire is a much underrated county as are parts of Staffordshire IMO. I too love areas of Norfolk and Suffolk. If it's rural you want, they are beautifully rural. If I could live anywhere and it had to be the UK it be Cornwall for me or a remote Scottish island of my own
                    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

If we didn't live where we are now, we would love to move to the Lakes... away from the tourist areas though - probably west lakes. I love it up there, such majestic scenery!

I think the conditions generally are the same as where I am now (lots of wind and rain!) so that doesn't bother me... sadly, it's really expensive up there....

Comment

Sorry Steve, G4's safe....

It was a case of if we did go back, we're then not restricted to where we lived rather than we're coming back.

Yes we miss home, but the reasons for coming here still stand. It's a case of in a couple of years visit UK again so that we then reach a point mentally where we then wanna go back home ( to here) then we'll be settled. I've been through this before, you call the old country home until you start calling new country home when you visit
                        Last edited by RedThorn; 02-04-2012, 11:47 AM.
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Apart from living in Spain for a little while, my whole life (so far) has been spent in East Anglia. Suffolk & Cambs boarder to be precise, smack in the middle and on the edge of the fen. I would miss the vast open spaces we have here, the sky is awesome and we share similar cloud formations to tundra and priary lands. The black soil is something else too. I love seeing the rest of the UK but I always end up feeling slightly hemed in as I can't see far enough for me It's not for everyone though - the sky can be very oppressive in winter, houses are very isolated and most live in rural poverty (it was well known for having a high suicide rate a few years back but I don't think it's the same these days). Hmmmm, didnt sell it so well lol

Comment

In my opinion Ireland.Lots of open space and lovely rolling green hills.Me and my wife recently visited there.I love this place.

Comment

Devon well I would say that as I have spent all my life living here. Dartmoor is just a stones throw away ( well a couple of miles ) and the sea is a few miles the other way. Plenty of sun most of the time. Beautiful scenery. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
                              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                              and ends with backache

Comment

Don't come to Wales RT, we are full up.....

No offense.
                                I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X