Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Chrome so just logged out to see what happens - several times!
    At top of page click Log in
    On next page, scroll down to a big "Log In" box and the Remember me box is there.
    BUT each time I logged out it said "Cookies cleared" and when I came back I still had to re-enter my password and all of this morning posts had gone. Then I had to wait x seconds to search for posts updated in the last 24 hours to find this thread. Its an absolute pain in the butt and I'm staying logged in!
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 01-04-2012, 09:32 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

then there must be a setting in the advanced options, wherever they are, that clears your cookies when you navigate away from a webpage.
      you need to find it, enable or diable it, and you should be ok....Chris? where is it?

Comment

actually, this should help...
        Manage cookies - Google Chrome Help

Comment

Thanks Taff. It doing me 'ed in so I'm going to come back to it fresh later!

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
            sanjo, what browser are you using?
            I'm sure we did this before and everyone having problems was using google chrome.
            [I'm female BTW ]
            Usually IE Taff, but I have also tried it on Google Chrome and Firefox and it is still the same. I have looked at the other answers re: cookies in advanced so I am going to have a go, especially as #1 Grandson is here.

Comment

Same happened to me today. I've been a member of this forum for a year or two, but haven't posted for some time. I logged in yesterday and posted, then today had to log in again. No big deal, but a minor nuisance, so I hope it's not permanent.
              Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanjo View Post
                BM, there isn't a little box to tick, that's the point.
                Which page do you mean - if you mean the first page, that's not the one you want. Don't put your user name or password into the first page - you need to click 'log in; and go to the second page and THEN put your user name, password and click 'remember me'.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                  Which page do you mean - if you mean the first page, that's not the one you want. Don't put your user name or password into the first page - you need to click 'log in; and go to the second page and THEN put your user name, password and click 'remember me'.
                  Success!! I have been doing what you suggested Zazen but could never find the second page, see, I'm looking for a different one. Having done what you suggested and still drawing a blank I scrolled down and there was another log in box with the remember me box so I have done all that, logged out, restarted the computer and come back to the Vine and there I was already logged in. Yippee.
                  Have a go StephenH. It may work for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    I obviously dint shout loud enough.............
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Nor me .......... BUT I'm still not going to log out because it can only remember half of me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                        I obviously dint shout loud enough.............
                        Oh you did BM but as I said, I could never find the second page. With the same advice being repeated I followed the instructions again but I still ended up, as I did before, with what appeared to be the original boxes. It was only because I scrolled down the page that I found the other boxes.
                        I should have thanked you and acknowledged you so here goes. THANKS BM and anyone else who offered dimbo here their assistance and while were still here apologies to POTS for hijacking the thread and making it all about me!!
                        Last edited by Sanjo; 02-04-2012, 08:03 AM.

Comment

You're welcome Sanjo, don't do it again...........only joking. It's strange really cos at home my PC remembers my details but at work it doesn't, must be something to do with some settings. Good job I've got a good memory........now, what was I saying?........
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Can't remember the last time I logged out
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

Sanjo your more than welcome now both we dimmies are sorted.

Colin
                              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X