No announcement yet.

Dogs and gardens...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My big dogs can't wriggle under stuff, but they can clear a 6ft fence fairly easily if they want...
    I also have one who can open door handles and latches...

Comment

Beau is generally very good. When we arrive he makes a quick tour of duty round the environs to make sure everything is as it should be, leaves a few "Pee Mails" to advise any cats or rabbits to think twice about venturing through the hedge and reports back to me for a debrief. He then goes looking for something to turn into "mulch" for me. Usually a cane or bit of branch that he's found in the hedge.
      He has several balls, chewies and bones in varying degrees of decomposition which also get some of his attention and he spends a good deal of the time snoozing in a patch of sun or shade (depending..), rolling on the grass in a "This is the life" sort of way, or sitting by the gate ready to shout abuse at any miscreant or ne'er-do-well who might happen to pass. He sticks to the paths and always "goes" in the same place so I don't have any nasty surprises when mowing.
      HOWEVER!!!!! Yesterday I happened to look up to find him "dibbling" a hole in the corner of the new strawberry bed!!!!!! He was holding a new bone in his mouth and said that he wanted to put it somewhere to "mature". A brief exchange of views resulted in him taking his bone round to the back of the shed and "dibbling" a hole for it there!
      When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

I think I am very lucky. It is very much down to the breed, I'd guess.
        My golden lab Holly, while not enamoured of my wee lottie, is as well behaved as I could possibly wish for. When I was there earlier this week I threw the ball for her a couple of times, then when it became obvious I was busy she settled down on the grass and just snoozed in the sunshine for most of the day (between mooching sessions when I stopped for grub). When the Chinese Takeaway staff arrived, they having fed her in the past, and thinking of her as cute just like most folk who meet her, she went to say hello and be petted; and that was her for the day. For once, she was not even bored enough to disappear round the front of the shops to say hello to the people at the bus stop there ! (When I say to strangers, "Her name's Holly, she is a strokaholic", they usually agree enthusiastically ! )
        But then again, I suppose I did have to stroke her for an hour in the car on the way into town, and then on the way out...what with her moulting, I looked like a yeti by the time we arrived home !
        There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X