Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simoncpg View Post
    Memories.
    You can select one, re live it, and then replace it in your minds eye for another day. Life without these happy blessings would be so pointless.
    If you want to participate in general chitchat about your thread - my question would be - if life without these happy blessings is pointless, what about people with memory problems?
    Last edited by zazen999; 17-03-2012, 08:00 AM.

Comment

You don't understand a couple of simple sentences, surely not.
      Regards Simon

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        If you want to participate in general chitchat about your thread - my question would be - if life without these happy blessings is pointless, what about people with memory problems?
        and I thought I was good at complicating things.

Simon....lovely words, for me the not understanding is, do you wish us to chat happy memories or just agree we're pleased we've got them?
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I see what you mean........I suppose we all do it all the time anyway......I was average at football as a kid but we played a match at college. It's a bit random but I fondly remember my best ever playing moment.

I was on the edge of the 18 yrd box with the ball. I remember I defender hurtling towards me then sliding to take me out. I chipped the ball into the top corner of the net and skipped over the oncoming missile like a freakin ballerina as he slid underneath me.......wonderful memory.........one of many.

I suppose that most of the best ones are too personal to share......but yes it can make you happy to recall.....in fact I am now in a really good frame of mind forvthecday so thanks Simon!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Originally posted by di View Post
            do you wish us to chat happy memories or just agree we're pleased we've got them?
            IF we have got them, that is...

Comment

I would say it must be very hard for them.

Comment

I would say it must be very hard for them.
                But not pointless.

Comment

Why profound?. The forum is for anything non GRO.
                  I considered that saying your quote was profound was a compliment. If you choose to argue with that that is your prerogative. I have too many happy memories to spoil my life with disagreement.

Perhaps you could explain what the initials GRO stand for please. I can only think of General Register Office.

Comment

Thankyou for that, I thought for a moment, when I was reading the replies that I was typing in Arabic or something. This is supposed to be anything non GYO. You have it in a nutshell so to speak.
                    Regards
                    Simon

Comment

Its from a story called The Airman.
                      by Eoin Colfer? book for kids, won the Carnegie?
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thankyou for that, I thought for a moment, when I was reading the replies that I was typing in Arabic or something. This is supposed to be anything non GYO. You have it in a nutshell so to speak.
                        Regards
                        Simon
                        Just because the words are in English/non GYO, doesn't mean that they make sense written in any particular order.

Comment

For me yes, pointless. But I took the passage from a story, and felt I would put it on here.

Comment

Thet dont make sense now. Well im sorry.

Comment

I thought for a moment, when I was reading the replies that I was typing in Arabic or something.
                              You (we) write as you (we) speak, or think, Simon. In your own head it makes perfect sense, but when put in print it is (sometimes, perhaps) confusing.

Written English needs a bit of punctuation, context etc

Was your quote taken directly from the text, or has it been filtered through your own mind first? Just wondering, that's all
                              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 17-03-2012, 08:49 AM.
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

For me yes, pointless. But I took the passage from a story, and felt I would put it on here.
                                Just exploring this a little; if you lost your memory, how would you know you had lost it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X