And we're orf...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
    I'm the only wifey with a plot at present, the rest are Servicemen - tough job for me huh
    I don't know how you will cope. I think you should enlist my help
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

If times get tough Piskie, there could be a job on the roads for your boss. Swop the post for a shovel, he's got the leaning sussed.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

And an update for us
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
          If times get tough Piskie, there could be a job on the roads for your boss. Swop the post for a shovel, he's got the leaning sussed.
          Harrumph!!!!

Comment

Yay the Main Man is in the house!!

Well done to The Bee Keeper - without your persistence and knowledge of the 'workings of the firm' it would never have come good
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeeKeeper View Post
              Harrumph!!!!
              Would it by any chance bee you leaning ??

Comment

aka
                Suzie

Comment

Would it by any chance bee you leaning ??
                  Who cares what his inclination is, as long as he doesn't desert his post, or miss beehive...!
                  There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

He didn't desert his post, he held it while someone else hammered it surely? Looking good Pisk, don't do too much at once and hurt yourself.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Could you not hire a turf cutter for a couple of days piskie?, everyone could take their turn using it and it would ensure not too much soil went in those bins.

Comment

It's been discussed Mikey and a couple are considering it - but they are the ones that have in mind a total strip-off-in-one whereas I'm more of a reveal it gradually kinda gal

I'm running an excel spreadsheet with all my sowings/plantings/growings and which beds I need to proritise for de-turfing. Thankfully we have a fair bit of space for the composting area so the bins will grow pallet-by-pallet as we need them.

Ask me after striping bed No: 5 if I'm still of the same mind - doing it by hand
                        Last edited by piskieinboots; 19-03-2012, 03:41 PM.
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

I can understand where you are coming from piskie, the more you uncover the harder it is too keep on top of the weeds. I've used the same process on my lottie, its taken a few years to get somewhere near what I'm happy with.

It takes a while to get to grips with how you want the area to be, my father was always the straight long beds kinda guy, whereas I'm far less formal than that. These things evolve as we progress.

How many plots are there?

Comment

There are twenty plots in all - sixteen at 15m x 5m and four at 8m x 4m

Sadly I don't have years to get it right, you can bet ya bottom dollar as soon as my shed goes up himself will get posted!!
                            *crosses fingers please no please no
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

We'll all be keeping everything crossed for you Piskie!
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I don't envy the uncertain nature of the posting regime so I hope you get a wee while to enjoy the fruits of your labour. I'd be for cultivating the whole area if you are able. Plant spuds everywhere unless you have plans for other crops. That way, you will clean up the plot and give yourself a super start next year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X