No announcement yet.

More on the low carbing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was led to believe that cutting out dairy products would improve youir sinus problems?
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

It didn't for me Snadger - but it's always worthy of a try in case 'you' don't wish to give up the grain.
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

I gave up wine for lent but appear to have substitued it with bread, cake, pastry, potato and chocolate, so unsurprisingly not losing weight (plus grains are not my friends). Must stop eating carbs! I love the idea of cauliflower rice - I've been carrying a cauliflower around for a week, trying to decide how to eat it. And a turnip. And a parsnip.
        Proud member of the Nutters Club.
        Life goal: become Barbara Good.

Comment

Just to give peeps an idea of the hardships of the low carb diet;

This evening's supper; Bacon(3 rashers), a sausage, eggs Benedict with spinach and Hollandaise sauce on a slice of toasted seeded bread and mushrooms.

My God, it's a hard life.....

I ought to say that not all low carbers eat bread, but wholegrain multi-seeded bread is low GI so it's better than most breads.
          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
            Just to give peeps an idea of the hardships of the low carb diet;
            Sausage, mash and onion gravy

The sausage were of the D&A variety (low carb and delish) - the mash was celeriac mashed with plenty of that evil butter stuff and the red onions were fried in butter and lard.

Heaven on a plate!

....and I'm of the non-bread-eating low carber
            Last edited by piskieinboots; 12-03-2012, 07:27 PM.
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

I've had sinus problems for years, had scans,AB's, allergy testing , nothing worked. Then I had a tooth abcess and the anti biotics cleared up my sinus's, seems it was my tooth all along. As for low carbs -did the diet ,read the books, lost loads (2st) , then got bored and put it all back on, mad I know, especially when I felt so good on it , it's my brain that I need to train.

Comment

My only problem is getting out of the habit of a snack at bedtime. For years the good book/glass of milk/bar of chocolate has been 'my time' when the children were all finally asleep and I had an hour or so, before I went to sleep, that was just for me......and now I need to get out of one third of that habit. I'm trying not to snack at all, but usually I have a pear or a few strawberries.
                Jules

Comment

Right, no wheat this week.
                  Porridge with soya milk & hm quince jam for brekky. Right nostril/sinus is blocked (as usual). I usually have a cereal bar for snack mid-morning, and for lunch too. I'll take a tin of beans in to microwave instead I think
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Last night, I had my first slice of bread in six weeks. I wasn't planning to, but some toe rag ate part of my tea and I had no time to nip to the shop. So, instead of strangled eggs and bacon, I had strangled egg and a slice fried in olive oil. Never, ever, ever again.

Up all last night with a bad tummy, painful cramps, rumbling TMI etc etc. And I've felt rough nearly all day today. Guess what? I no longer crave bread......I'll just grab a quick sammich/toast.....no, I won't!
                    Jules

Comment

I suffered badly with sinusitus for years with regular trips to the doctors for antibiotics. I went to Spain on holiday a few years ago and had a go at snorkelling in the mediterranean. I loved it and spent hours doimg it. Touch wood I haven't had a problem with the sinuses since then.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X