BBC Gardener's World

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Creemteez View Post
    When he was digging in the grazing rye did anyone notice what he described as his "Clay-y, claggy soil???? If anyone wants to see REAL clay-y, claggy soil, get down to my lottie and I'll show ya!!!!!
    Ha yes!- my OH had dug up some leeks yesterday afternoon and instantly said that our sandy soil was sticking to his spade!...and we're having a drought here!!!!!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

The soil on gardeners world always looks lovely- you should see the soil(or lack of it..) at my parents place near Keswick. its all rock! they have had to make soil out of compost and manure! Saying that- things grow so well there- I must post some pictures to gardeners world and suggest they film there....
      I enjoyed gardeners world last night but i thought Monty looked poorly-?

Comment

I thought so too ^^^

I especially thought his comment about turning the rye/soil making him feel alive seemed poignant, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe we are just used to seeing him tanned, not winter pale.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

He suffers from winter depression, and has said in the past that gardening is the only thing that keep him out of his 'black pit' of despair.

He spoke about it quite openly in one of his books, 'The Jewel Garden' I think it was.

Comment

I've always thought he seems like a lovely person and I remember him in an interview talking about being anorexic in his youth.

Comment

Poor chap. I like his style and don't understand why he gets knocked so much.
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

He's a great bloke, Monty.

Comment

I enjoyed gardeners world last night but i thought Monty looked poorly-?[/QUOTE]

Well I'm glad it wasn't just me! Perhaps we all look a bit peaky at this time of year...
                  When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

I wasn't too intrested in theprogram but I did watch it in a second PC window so I don't feel like I wasted my time.

Only 19 more days until Beechgrove Garden returns
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Oh dear, I found it a hell of a bore (see what I did there folks ) and I do love Monty. Better next week. Know what you mean Bren about the temptation to say "taped" it - that's showing our age!
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I Have just watched it, and it didn't particularly turn my pages.
                        Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Oh dear, I found it a hell of a bore (see what I did there folks ) and I do love Monty. Better next week. Know what you mean Bren about the temptation to say "taped" it - that's showing our age!
                          How do you tape with papyrus?

Comment

There is not enough veg on GW, its a bit like other gardening magazines concentrate too much on flowers and other peoples gardens.
                            IMHO
                            Last edited by Nicos; 11-03-2012, 03:02 AM. Reason: Sorry- can't mention 'other' gardening mags on here!!!

Comment

Careful, CS! Too many of us around methinks.

I love Monty and find him inspirational. Thanks for the warning about hellebores TS - I knew they were poisonous but I am not going to eat them - my cataracts aren't quite bad enough to get them confused with any of my veggies!
                              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
                                How do you tape with papyrus?
                                Think you might have just overdosed on those brave pills Steve, now where did I put that asp?

Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X