No announcement yet.

Solar Storm

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's time for bed. Need my beauty sleep.
    Night night kids

Comment

Nos da, Steve!

Comment

Don't swear at me
        Nos da I chi

Comment

Get back to bed, you naughty little boy!! Diolch!!

Comment

It's red alert for auroral activity!

Welcome to AuroraWatch UK

Cloudy though and likely to be so tonight. How typical.
            Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Originally posted by Capsid View Post
              It's red alert for auroral activity!

Welcome to AuroraWatch UK

Cloudy though and likely to be so tonight. How typical.
              Clear skys here last night when I let the dog out. Couldn't see any auror though, as someone had hung a bl...y great reflector up. It'll be there again tonight as well.
              Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get dirt under your finger nails.

Comment

I must admit, I didn't know anything about this until you guys posted. Ignorance is bliss in this case, I was quite alarmed at Snohare's info. Some of the pictures on the news this morning were spectacular.

I think I'd better invest in a hat of my own Colin, but thanks!
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Well, Steve was never going to see the aurora, was he - he was foiled from the outset...

I was quite alarmed at Snohare's info
                  Don't worry too much Flo, I think you can safely say that there would be significant and noticeable political, military and governmental activity if a real humdinger of a flare was coming our way. There is a satellite called SoHo (SOlar Heliosphere Observatory) that has been positioned far, far out in space between Earth and the Sun simply to stand guard and let us know what is happening with things there, in order that we may have several days notice of what is about to strike. Previously, what warning we had was just a few hours, and satellites (not to mention the astronauts in the Space Station) stood a good chance of getting clobbered.
                  And as a side-effect of SoHo being there, we get all those wonderful pictures of the Sun's surface, and have found out that instead of the global warming we're getting, in the natural way of things we should be entering a mini-ice age if anything, because the Sun is becoming less active with sunspots.
                  There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Originally posted by snohare View Post
                    Well, Steve was never going to see the aurora, was he - he was foiled from the outset...
                    Solar flare hasn't affected me

*gibber, gibber.

Comment

Solar flare hasn't affected me

*gibber, gibber.
                      Never believed it had for a moment...

Although for some reason the idea of baked tatties in tin foil springs to mind...

Comment

If my brain were a potato it wouldnt be bigger than a baby new potato

Comment

Don't worry Steve - we all know you are a Smashing bloke !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X