Camera buffs please?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    I am the owner of about 10 different and various cameras and I've just bought a mini digi cam which takes retro films - as in just like super 8. I can't wait to get it. When I say just - I mean 5 mins ago. Wahoo!

And - on the new ipad - I've finally got instagram. I've been a Holga addict for about 6 years and love low fi and now I can take shots and get them downloaded in minutes - rather than having to wait 2 days and drive to Nottingham twice to get them and then scan them in before I can do anything with them. Marvelous.
    I love Instagram. It's a clever app.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I am the owner of about 10 different and various cameras ....
      And your views on the S95 clever lady?
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
        And your views on the S95 clever lady?
        I wouldn't buy it...but I'm a low fi kinda girl....and if I was buying a compact camera it would be fuji.

Comment

I am the owner of about 10 different and various cameras and I've just bought a mini digi cam .....
          10 ...as in TEN???
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
            10 ...as in TEN???
            At least.

Digital:
            Olympus EP-1
            Kodak ZX1 [mainly does video but often use it for still images when out and about]
            Fuji compact - can't remember the name as it's in the car door [does great panoramas]
            Blackberry - I have 3 additional lenses for this so that you can go Macro, fisheye, and telephoto as and when you want. Use it all the time for quick records of stuff.
            One on the mac [use this to record things when I can't be bothered to get the scanner out]
            One on the ipad [so good for Instagrams]

Film cameras:
            Holga [120 film]
            Ultra low and wide [35mm film]
            Box Brownie [uses 35mm film if you wedge it in]
            Ricoh 35mm [my very first SLR]
            One I bought from the boot fair which takes 120mm film [can't remember the name but it's an old old one that had film in it that expired in 1967 when I bought it]
            And old 70s 35mm film camera that I converted into a pinhole as you can open the shutter and leave it open for as long as you want.
            A proper pinhole [from a kit] - stopped using it as to do pinhole you need it steady and it couldn't be fixed to a tripod hence buying/making the one above.

Those are my main ones off the top of my head and I'll use most of them in a year - depending on the situation...I find using film regularly means you are a better editor when using digital.

I've also been bought a Super 8 film camera - but trying to get hold of the film and find someone to process it and then convert it to video was a nightmare - hence buying a digi-cam that takes super 8 type film.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X