Penny Tray

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Sorry to hear that Chris - hope she's better soon.
    Meanwhile how about £1.97 for 10 sticks?
    LIQUORICE WOOD: Retro Sweets At The UKs No 1 Internet Sweetshop
    Lots of very expensive penny sweets on here!

50p for 4 sticks and they came from same chemist we used to get them from as kids
    Chris

My Allotment Journal @
    Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
    -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      Pontefract cakes...........yuk........sorry, it was liquorice that got me on that one.
      My late mum's favourite BM, she called them Pomfret cakes, thanks for that sweet reminder
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        Pontefract cakes...........yuk........sorry, it was liquorice that got me on that one.
        So Liquorice isn't a man thing, unless....... you're speaking as a gorilla?
        PS I'm having more and more trouble spelling Liquorice - it just doesn't look right! Wierd word.

Comment

When I was a kid my mum worked at the Trebor factory and every Friday from their staff shop she'd bring home huge bags of sweets I remember Black Jacks, fruit salads, mints, refreshers and some sort of wine drops that used to stick to the paper bag.
          Eating all those sweets back then is probably why I don't have a sweet tooth.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            So Liquorice isn't a man thing, unless....... you're speaking as a gorilla?
            PS I'm having more and more trouble spelling Liquorice - it just doesn't look right! Wierd word.
            Well stop looking at it........
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              My late mum's favourite BM, she called them Pomfret cakes, thanks for that sweet reminder
              Oh Flo, I'm so glad it brought back a nice reminder.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Juts noticed, I misspelt Wierd too - and mispelt. That's not write eether....

Comment

You could just 'txtspk' it.... likrish, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    When I was a kid my mum worked at the Trebor factory and every Friday from their staff shop she'd bring home huge bags of sweets I remember Black Jacks, fruit salads, mints, refreshers and some sort of wine drops that used to stick to the paper bag.
                    Eating all those sweets back then is probably why I don't have a sweet tooth.
                    Was wondering when someone would mention my favourite......................

I used to like 'chomps' also.........
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Licquorice pipes with pink topping on. Aniseed Balls, 10 for 1d. Cleeves toffee, 2 squares for 1d. Clove Rock, Cough Losanges, Message Losanges, Perfumed Jellies, Powdered Bon-Bons and so many more.
                      This thread brings back so many hapy memories.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I remember all the sweets mentioned in this thread, my favourites were blackjacks, pear drops, and sweet cigarettes. I don't think anyone's mentioned love hearts, or PK chewing gum - used to be a machine at the cornershop where you put a penny in and turned the handle and a pack dropped out. Every fourth turn you got two packs for the price of one .
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                          I remember all the sweets mentioned in this thread, my favourites were blackjacks, pear drops, and sweet cigarettes. I don't think anyone's mentioned love hearts, or PK chewing gum - used to be a machine at the cornershop where you put a penny in and turned the handle and a pack dropped out. Every fourth turn you got two packs for the price of one .
                          Pear drops - lovely but they took the skin off the roof of your mouth I'd forgotten about the PK chewing gum too - can anyone remember the flavours? There was a white packet and a yellow packet and I think one was a fruit flavour, I didn't like that one.
                          Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

oh the days of the penny caramel we called them penny sweeties and they were mahoosive but of course that was in relation to a child sized hand. These penny caramels are probably still the same size now but look tiny. I use that comparison frequently and refer it to it as the penny sweetie syndrome.

It's the same with the cap gun I had as a bairn. It was a cisco kid one and was hooge in my hand but a pleasure to use. (Size does matter )and as I grew up I became disenchanted because I could never buy another one in the same proportion to my hand.

Now, where's the coo candy (Mcgowans caramel bar with a picture of a highland cow on the wrapper)? It was sometimes also called Highland Toffee

Comment

Floral Gums.......

and how many of you will go yuck! same thing for parma violets - lovely .....fantastic

I am weird!!
                              Last edited by Headfry; 02-03-2012, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Shrimps and sherbet fountains...yum. Does anyone remember space dust? Odd chemical like stuff that sort of exploded in your mouth!
                                Oh, and cola cubes and aniseed twists and pear drops - yum yum yum - sort of explains the trouble I now have with my teeth suppose!
                                What were those ice creams that came in a plastic cone and had bubble gum at the bottom called?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X