No announcement yet.

Early Morning,Late Night Gardening.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the spring and summer, when we have warm spells and i have planting to do, or young plants in need watering, i am often outside at first light. I intend to have an early start tomorrow and turn me compost and manure heaps. I will also give the greenhouse a spring clean.
    I love early morning.
    Roger
    Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Early mornings...never. During the week it's always a mad rush to get the kiddies to school, so weekends are snuggle in bed as long as possible times.

Evenings however....I often realise that I need to stop as I can't see what I'm doing. Friday and Saturday nights are traditional 'dinner at the lottie' nights...either grab bags of chips on the way, or cook on a bonfire. I think the latest was gone midnight, but have to admit it was more a social with our lottie neighbours than working.
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Early mornings- term time up at 5.50am to commute to london but holidays I am up at about 7am to start day- cup of tea & poota then chickens out, children/ horses fed / exercised. mid morning by the time I get into garden.
        Evenings- term time back from london earliest 6pm so if light enough i might get an hour in the garden after I have slaved looking after family for a bit. Holidays, i am likely to be in garden until dark!!

Comment

This won't count!
          No Lottie, also no greenhouse, so all the greenhouse stuff is windowsill. I have been known to get up in the middle of the night (about 2am) because I've remembered that the tomato seedlings need watering!
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

yes I'm lucky mines just outside in and out all the time.

Comment

I am not a morning person, earliest I one has been about 8am after I've finished a night shift and remembered everything needs weeding or watering. I have, however, been out in the early hours such as past midnight with the light on I am nocturnal so this makes sense to me

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                I don't do early starts unless I'm at work, but lighter nights Himself often has to say "Are you coming in, or do you want floodlights?"
                Exactly the same for me. I can wake up at 5am for work fine but wouldn't dream of doing it on my days off to go out the patch. Night time though and I was out beyond dusk last Summer. If you out in the evening light, it seems to stay light for much longer as you get used to it turning to dark. Really loved that feeling
                www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

I still find it easier to get up early for what I WANT to do than for what I OUGHT to do!
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X