No announcement yet.

Who'd have thought it........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've learn't to my cost never to show a scrappy whats going on. Where I used to work, we'd collect scrap copper and brass when we ripped out bathrooms, a scrappy saw us filling a water tank and offered £300 for it. We said you're alright mate, we'll get more than that for it. Just to be on the safe side we moved it before going home, 2 days later the garage was broken into. Door ripped clean off. Mmm....I wonder who did that then?
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Oh my, it took less than five minutes for me to put out an old two-step stepladder which was too dangerous to use (bent all sideways) with the word SCRAP written on it for a nice man with a blue van to pull up and remove it for me When I went out to thank him, my neighbour cashed in on the act and got rid of more junk from her garden!
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Zaz, have you tried asking for one on Freecycle? I often see cookers offered so you could strike lucky. As you say, if you don't ask.....
        I'm always surprised at the folk who ask for a car, must be taxed and MOTd - there's one requested here now!
        It's not for me - for someone else on another forum - hence the patchiness. Got one now though apparently. Thanks all.

Comment

I wouldn't say times are hard or anything, but...
          The landfill site I volunteer at with a waste diversion charity serves the most affluent town in Aberdeenshire. Lots of horsey people in the oil industry, the place has just about doubled in size recently, loadsa money.
          At Christmas we emptied out the two shipping containers we have there, ready for the usual influx of old things being donated after the Festive Season. We often cannot sell what is being donated, but the containers are usually jam packed.
          Five weeks later, we have had some boxes of VHS videos, some crockery and some books. And that is all.
          The competition for rubbish amongst charities is so fierce here now that it isn't even reaching the landfill site...
          I only wish the scrappies would arrive in our village, if they were quick enough they could do us a real favour and clear up the eyesores where locals have car graveyards at the roadside.
          There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Scrap cars sell for about £100 here Snohare...
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I wonder what an old Massey Ferguson digger would fetch, Jeanied ? The farmers/packrats hereabouts don't discard anything, let alone do anything as drastic as sell.
              This here is Deliverance Country don't y'know...(Well near enough, Leochel Cushnie is just over the hill, and they probably still wear straw in their tacketty beets there. )
              There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X