Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7p Valentine's Day Card....Would You Send It?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
    But VC, I thought hand-picked on the vine was a special thing?

Jules
    It may be if you're a tomato!

Comment

Kissykit (DD) is making her boyfriend a magic wand (serious Harry Potter fan, Dark Mark tattoo ). She snaffled sticks from the garden (blackcurrant and grapevine prunings), nicked my sandpaper and is going to varnish the one that turns out best with clear nail varnish to finish it off. I just hope he appreciates it.

She is seriously into home made cards and pressies (I wonder why? ), but failing something home made from him (which I know she'd prefer), she will expect expensive and/or thoughtful, not advertising . He started off well with 20 roses for Christmas though, even though they'd only been 'going out' for a week.
      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I might send it for a joke. If I wanted to send a 'serious' one I'd make my own (got a good program for card making, I can put photos or anything on there, own choice of words etc).
        We usually look out for the 'dine in for £10' offer in Waitrose.....
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
          Card and envelope cost 7p. Would you send this to your beloved? What would feel like if your loved one sent it to you?

Inside it says "Your love is priceless"

Jules
          Clearly love is not priceless, it costs 7p.

Personally I think its an opportunity for men to show their other halves how much we care for them, as the rest of the year we generally take them for granted.

This year my OH's birthday is on Shrove Tuesday, just to show her how thoughtful I can be I've decided to get her a new pancake pan.
          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

And does your OH get to test the swing of said pancake pan? They do have swings, flat pans of any sort, like a cricket bat or tennis racquet.......

Jules
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Sounds a bit like my OH - for Christmas he got me an extra large squeegee window cleaner so that I could clean the screen inn the bathroom faster! He was sooooo lucky that he had also got me something else!!

Comment

Don't panic, I'll test the swing of it, when I toss the pancakes. OH only makes drop scones, you can't test the swing with them.

Comment

I bet, with a stale drop scone, you could get quite a good tennis serve with the crepe pan. Hey! That could be a new game for you to play with your chooks!

Jules
                  Jules

Comment

How do they hold the pan, or are you suggesting I use them as a shuttlecock?

Comment

Use the flat pan to tennis-serve them the stale drop scones

Jules
                      Jules

Comment

You are having a laugh, if you think this house ever has stale drop scones!!!

They normally don't have time to cool.

Comment

Is that why they're called "drop" scones - they're too hot to handle straight from the oven?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Is that why they're called "drop" scones - they're too hot to handle straight from the oven?
                            They don't go in the oven!
                            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                              They don't go in the oven!
                              Insert "hotplate on top of the " in appropriate place!!
                              I'm sure I could do "drop scones" in the oven if I really really wanted to!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                                You are having a laugh, if you think this house ever has stale drop scones!!!

They normally don't have time to cool.
                                Sounds like my house! And they are best when still warm from the griddle...Mmmm
                                Jules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X