Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alison View Post
    the smell of sugar beet processing used to make me feel sick
    It's gross, absolutely awful. I used to go past Cantley on the train to work every day ~ regular passengers would get up and slam the windows shut until we'd passed it.

this is an interesting article about sugar refining: GANSG - Sugar and Molasses, Starch and Glucose
    It looks like Cantley was the first UK sugar refinery
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Not exactly sure where the plant was but at the right time of year you could smell it over Peterborough really bad, apparently the posher areas got it worst as well which I always found funny.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• I grew up within smelling distance (depending on wind direction) of the Nestle factory where they made Nescafe. The lorries carting away the spent 'grounds' went past even closer.
        Could be why it took me a long time to get used to 'real' coffee!
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• Yeah, my brother says that working in Burton you get caught between the smells of stale beer and marmite. Used to live in the town centre and at night time the smell of washing liquid from Lever Bros was very overpowering. Am sure they kicked something more out at night as it was definitely stronger

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X