No announcement yet.

Another challenge.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant add any advice to what others have said. However, I can say that your a very special person to be doing what your doing. ((((Big Hugs)))) Take care of yourself and treat yourself kindly x
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

just remember driving that tired is very dangerous if not for yourself, for the other innocent road users, you need to get some rest and/or cut down on the visits.

Hug's in a difficult place in life.
      Last edited by RedThorn; 31-01-2012, 11:32 AM.
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Lots of hugs from me too. Its very selfless & brave of you to go and visit him and try to be there for him, given everything you went through. Take care of yourself too.

Comment

Many many thanks to everyone for their encouraging replies. I am doing the best I know how.

I had a phone call in the middle of the night from his son to let me know that he had just had a call from the Nursing Home to let him know that his Dad had passed away.
          So, now the pain and discomfort are over for my Ex. and he is at peace.
          I was pleased, if I can use such a word, to feel that his son would ring me almost straight away to let me know this and that he seemed to take some strength in telling me this. He also asked me to inform my ex's RMP friends and anyone else that I know that will need to be told.

I could not sleep after that phone call and I am Ok unless someone asks me how I am feeling ....that seems to upset me a bit and I guess I will 'toughen' myself up soon.

It is just so strange that I spend 25 years with one man who totally controlled me and I allowed it to happen and then I had to teach myself to forgive all that. Now I will help sort out whatever his son asks me to sort because there is no way you can spend a quarter of a centuary with someone and no regard for them.

Then I have a 'typical' whirlwind romance and married someone who was a serial adulterer and had been so blinded by his little bit of care and regard.

Kind of makes me think that I don't know what normal is or is there any suchthing as normal.
          :-/

Still, I will focus more on meditating to-night and will work harder at keeping my mind focused and get back on the road that is sometims rocky, sometimes full of pot holes, sometimes smooth and has always got lots of interesting scenery along the way.
          I thank everyone on here for all the virtual hugs.
          ‘you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore'

Comment

My condolences to you and to your Ex's family.

Comment

Hugs. When my FIL passed away, my wife and I, we were told this and thought it was so true.

"Time does not make the pain go away, but over time you learn to deal with the pain better."

Thoughts with you in a very confusing and emotional time. BIG hugs
              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

RedThorn, I like that quote. So very true.
                ‘you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore'

Comment

My condolences to you. I'm glad your ex is now at peace and that you can start to move forward x
                  I was feeling part of the scenery
                  I walked right out of the machinery
                  My heart going boom boom boom
                  "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                  I've come to take you home."

Comment

I'm glad that you can see the end of it now, where the light is
                    Well done for being strong this long, and for the forgiving (probably the hardest part of it all)
                    Hope everything returns to calm very soon.

((hugs))

Comment

Lots of love to you. Don't be confused, you loved this man, you maybe 'fell out of love' but the fact that you couldn't just let him suffer through this on his own shows what a loving heart you have. xx
                      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by shobhna View Post
                        Kind of makes me think that I don't know what normal is or is there any suchthing as normal.
                        :-/
                        Some of us are just carp at picking blokes...we think we want them when we get them, then we try to change them or them us....that's pretty normal

Comment

I sometimes wonder whether the .... more negative personality traits... in some men are perhaps genetically linked to something that many women find appealing (presumably it can happen the opposite way round, but having only encountered it from the female side, I would't know for sure). I have 3 sisters, and 2 of them married men who... were not exactly the best choices, I've also come across similar situations among friends. In every case, the man was a charmer at first acquaintance.
                          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Shobhna, I'm glad his passing was peaceful and he is no longer suffering. It's always sad to lose a loved one, but if they were suffering and those around them were suffering too, then it's a heart-felt release.

Focus on yourself now, be selfish for a while and then you'll know what you want to do with your life.

Chin up!

Jules
                            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                              I sometimes wonder whether the .... more negative personality traits... in some men are perhaps genetically linked to something that many women find appealing (presumably it can happen the opposite way round, but having only encountered it from the female side, I would't know for sure). I have 3 sisters, and 2 of them married men who... were not exactly the best choices, I've also come across similar situations among friends. In every case, the man was a charmer at first acquaintance.
                              HilaryB, I know what you mean. I had a good friend of mine say to me yesterday that they could never understand why I left him all those years ago and that he was such a nice person. I'm afraid I had to say to her that a lot more goes on behind closed doors and that it was not her business to know this either. Unbelieveable......that she sould even say that. Makes me think !!
                              And yes, sometimes I wonder why I chose the men I did. In the first instance I wanted a father figure, not having spent time with my own so I married my first husband. The when it turned out to be a totally loveless marriage, I left and met and married a serial adulterer....because I was looking for love (in any guise) So yes, I wonder if I was fulfilling some need in me. :-)

Comment

You can have a virtual hug from me xxx
                                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X