No announcement yet.

Memory & Concentration

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's quite pricey @ £7.25 for 100 capsules from Holland and Barratt. It grows like crazy and readily self seeds, you could buy empty capsules and dry your own leaves. Wish I hadn't thrown mine in the compost when I pruned it back, I'd have sent you loads.

Lemon Balm | Holland and Barrett
    My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

When my children were young I was super-organised. I knew exactly which child had to be where and when, with whatever kit or musical equipment etc. I used to be able to remember everything.

As they've all become more grown up and independent my memory skills have lapsed big time. It seems like my brain emptied itself and, as nature abhors a vacuum, it has become filled with trivia and cotton wool instead. Not desirable when you organise for a living! I love the actual fairs but detest the paperwork and I wonder if your brain shuts out the unpleasant in some way simply because it holds little interest to you.

I'm quite shocked at how stagnant my memory has become for every day things. But, on the other hand, someone put a 70's song on the Just for Fun thread and I had forgotten it's existence but, once reminded of it, I realised I still knew all the words. I then went on YT and had complete 70's music-fest to refresh my memory so hopefully things will stick now.

Jules
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

get GP to test bloods, B12, Folic Acid deficiency and anaemia can affect memory, use phone or diary to record things and carry it about with you. Dont know what age you are but meds, depression, stress and poor concentration all affect memory. If it a real problem GP can test your memory that might alleviate your fears about what is wrong which may in turn reduce stress and help memory. Ginkobiloba, and Vit E have some reported effect but always check with GP/pharmacist as they can interfere with some other meds.

Comment

Originally posted by bensmum View Post
          get GP to test bloods, B12, Folic Acid deficiency and anaemia can affect memory......
          Now that is interesting. I have hypothyroidism and I'm constantly anaemic (won't go into why here) so that may explain some of it. I think my actual memory is fine - I've done the test for signs of Alzheimers here http://www.foodforthebrain.org/content.asp?id_Content=1 and scored highly.

I write constant lists, which are a help, but better if I remember to take the danged things with me.....

Jules
          Last edited by julesapple; 23-01-2012, 07:45 PM.
          Jules

Comment

Originally posted by bensmum View Post
            get GP to test bloods, B12, Folic Acid deficiency and anaemia can affect memory
            get him to give you some Ritalin: Drug for hyperactivity may help reverse memory decline in ageing brains | Science | guardian.co.uk

Memory declines from your mid 40s, or even your 30s.

Teenagers can't remember anything, so really it's only in our 20s that we're any good.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              so really it's only in our 20s that we're any good.
              Yeh...and that's when some of us gals are pregnant- and we all know what having a kid does for your memory!!!!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Steve, I find meditation classes are great for improving my concentration, clarity of mind, ability to focus etc. Its amazing how much you see things clearer after a meditation session. You also learn to shut out all the 'unimportant' stuff from your mind - clear the clutter (I have lots!!) etc - and I think thats why it makes the concentration/clarity much sharper.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Yeh...and that's when some of us gals are pregnant- and we all know what having a kid does for your memory!!!!
                  I don't remember having any kids - I wonder if I did and left them behind somewhere?

Comment

Trust me veggiechicken you WOULD remember!
                    Tammy x x x x
                    Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Finedon.Dandy View Post
                      Trust me veggiechicken you WOULD remember!
                      Well, if you say so.... but I'm still not certain....

Comment

I do believe Standford is pushing drugs......

Jules
                        Jules

Comment

Yes JA, I've reported it.

Comment

Me too VC lol
                            Jules

Comment

Must take us for some kind of forgetful idiots!

Comment

Sorry, er...what was the question, again?

Jules
                                Jules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X