Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Real Seed Catalogue - Thumbs Up or Down?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real Seed Catalogue - Thumbs Up or Down?

Evening lovelies

Well with the wedding out of the way and married life well and true underway I thought it was about time to get the growing going again (yay).

I usually order from More Veg but have had The Real Seed booklet land on the doorstep. Has anyone used them and if so would you give them a thumbs up or down ?

Of course, any recommendations for alternative suppliers always welcome !

Also, if anyone could point me to somewhere on the web that gives a novice like me a handy starting point for seed saving I'd be grateful.

Thank you !!!

Yes they are brilliant and you get instructions with each pack you buy of how to save from the seeds.

Comment

What a fab idea that is! Thanks Z, my purse is shaking with fear already !

Comment

I'll second that, I love Real Seeds

Comment

Really nice helpful people. They are local to me, so my first port of call on the basis that if they can grow it I might have a chance, too. Very prompt service and a help line as long as you are sensible.
          "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

I'll third it - thumbs up!
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

It's just such a shame that they have the £8 minimum order policy

Comment

Another thumbs up here too. Really friendly and I've had a very good success rate with the seeds, which is really important being very much a learner gardener.

Comment

I love Real Seeds. If you have any queries, they go out of their way to help. I like their whole ethos, and pretty much only use them now.

(I've bought flower seeds, for example from elsewhere - but all my veg for this years growing is from them + a few odds from grapes here).

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                    There's only 2 of them! I've never had a problem spending less than £8...

Comment

Real seedsHow to order seed Online

All you need to know about using our online catalogue:
                      The Minimum Order is £8
                      Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 23-01-2012, 08:51 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I didn't even know they had a minimum order policy It's obviously never been an issue for me
                        And if you save your seeds, you shouldn't have to buy them again

Comment

Thumbs up...I'm still growing from stuff I purchased 3 years ago. And so are a lot of other people

Comment

Last year (or year before) I did a joint order with another grape which saved worrying and also helped share the postage charge...you could always ask on here if anyone wants to....

Comment

Do they? I'd not noticed

I love them: catalogue. If you want to split postage, PM me I'd buy a few (most) of their squash seeds
                              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 23-01-2012, 11:18 AM.
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X