Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
    I'll just use a spreadsheet!
    Is that where you spread a sheet out at the side of the bed and drag all your money out from under the mattress?
    Last edited by Snadger; 19-01-2012, 06:05 PM.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

nah, it's another name for a table cloth

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        Is that where you spread a sheet out at the side of the bed and drag all your money out from under the mattress?
        I sooooooo wish! LOL

Nutter!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Just did mine this afternoon - with help! Then came the awful realisation that the amounts are all wrong so I am probably going to do a paper one going back several years - which means I now definitely have to tackle all the papers knocking around in bags!
          Och well - it will probably be the last time I have to bother.
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

it will probably be the last time I have to bother.
            DON'T DO IT JEANIED !
            I know we all think of shooting the Taxman, but it's not a good idea really, prison gardens are never well run.

My accountant takes care of all that, just throw the books at him and pay the bill.
            I knew a bloke who was like that once. A very successful businessman, one day he came home and found the Taxmen seizing his posh mansion. His and the wife's BMW, the horses in the stables...you get the idea. All he was left with was the clothes they were wearing, and the au pair's car because she saw officialdom and decided not to park at home today, ta. Turned out his accountant had diverted all the money for VAT payments into his own account...went to Spain, bought a villa, lived happily ever after. First this guy knew was when everything was seized. When I met him, he was homeless, jobless and wifeless. (I gather the au pair was gone too, from his mood !)
            The moral: a good accountant doesn't let you trust him, he takes you through it all.
            Also: the homeless are not always who you think.
            There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Snohare, I am a plumber I never give money to anyone except SWMBO same reason I do the paper work never on a putor to easily trackable.

Last time I had a tax inspection they sent me a cheque for £176-00.

Colin
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                Snohare, I am a plumber I never give money to anyone except SWMBO same reason I do the paper work never on a putor to easily trackable.

Last time I had a tax inspection they sent me a cheque for £176-00.

Colin
                Did I ever mention I was a tax man...................
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Oh dear, I need to go change my trousers....
                  'Twas my cuppa, it didn't quite get as far as the computer screen, but I had an interesting nasal fountain moment there !

Comment

OH is self-employed (and employs me), his accountant would do the tax return, but it's as much hassle getting all the info to her as doing the whole lot myself. Previous years I just did it 'eventually', because I never earn enough to pay tax. Now they've changed the system they would still charge me £100 for being late (which I reckon is out of order) so I've got to get it done on time. If necessary I'll send an estimates for the things I can't locate paperwork for (the few pennies of interest on my pathetic savings) and get the right figures later.
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post

Bring it on I could do with another cheque courtesy HMCR. If your honest and do the books you can just sit there and smile.

Last time the lady asked me what I did for a hobby, reply was gardening. But you said you had some back trouble. Yes but I don't dig I grow in containers. Spend the next 90 minutes explaining how to grow spuds in bins and runners in pots whilst she took notes.

Maybe the cheque was for ex-spurt advice. LOL

Colin
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Always knew the Inland Revenue were going to pot...

Comment

it's done . Took two days of going through bank statements, tatty old receipts and totting up the mileage book. But still haven't paid as the statement online still wants a balancing payment for next year but I won't be self- employed after February. 20 minutes on hold to HMRC only to be told it could take up to 14 days for the correct amount to be requested!!!!!!
                          Went out and dug nettle roots for two hours to stop myself committing a terrorist act on the Inland Revenue.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X