No announcement yet.

so how are we all coping?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pots all over in the garden - dread to see whats happened to the greenhouse at the allotment! We have another weather warning for rain tonight. I know its yorkshire but the rain has been unbelievable. roll on some drier weather.

Comment

Bonkers wind down here. Keep looking out at my garden, chook house and greenhouse. Enough already. Where is this coming from and who can we blame?
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

The wind has calmed down a bit here but the rain hasn't let up a bit. I'm dreading going to the plot tomorrow.
        My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Anyone heard from the poor peeps up in Scotland, Aberdeen Plotter, Snohare (I think) and others...? Must be very wild up there....shouts, helllooooo...
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Our hard plastic wendy house keeps trying to get into the conservatory, and my blowaway greenhouse is in tatters, but other than that we arent doing too badly down here.

Comment

spoke too soon- the back fence has gone (was never constructed very well, but that was DH's doing and I held my thoughts for the sake of the marriage...)

Comment

Didn't get hardly any sleep last night as the noise was so bad. Fortunatley the house withstood it (at least had when I left this am) but the bin shelter door was across the road, a dead flowering cherry had been uprooted (this is not a bad thing as it saves me cutting it down and it didn't do any damage) and next doors for sale sign as relocated. Not seen the lottie yet but am quite concerned about it as it's more exposed than home. Theoretically the wind is meant to be dropping today but no sign yet

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

The house is ok but I've lost my bin

On the plot the shed is still there, but has developed a lean, so need to do some propping up when the weather improves a bit.
                  I now have an assortment of weed control fabric, empty water butts and a dalek
                  - none of which belong to me and a patch of flattened leeks which are chopped for soup now!

Not too bad considering just how awful it's been out there!

Comment

Just the panels of the OH's rubbish gardman greenhouse .......now siliconed into place by moi this morning .

I'm at the end of the lotty plot so usually escape the worst of it ( crosses fingers !)
                    Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

One of my beds weed suppressant membrane tore in half down the middle and subsequently flew out from under the bricks. Apart from that, everything else has survived albeit battered. I've never known a strong wind like that before last night. Crazy.
                      www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Very windy here but no damage sustained. Pots etc blowing around the garden (due to not finishing the garden tidy-up before Christmas) and the wobbly Homebase BBQ has been shifting a bit around the patio. Chickens all hiding in the bushes so thankfully I haven't needed to nail any of them down...
                        come visit a garden
                        or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

The wind has set off my car alarm. There are dead branches everywhere, locally, including a couple sticking out across the lanes. I came home to a power cut, but it came back on in time for me to feed myself. Despite our bin collection day being a day later due to the bank holiday, most of the locals have put their recycling bags and green bins out, so they all have to be dodged around now, as many have blown over.

Oh, and I have a headlight bulb gone, although I doubt that is anything to do with the weather! lol

Hope everyone is OK.
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Not too bad, here. Driving to the ponies was precarious, due to branches being down. At the field a panel fence has come down, but luckily there is a mesh fence behind it, so the ponies haven't got out. I have a galvanised bin, there, too, which had rolld across the field spewing its contents, unfortunately this included broken glass! I have fun picking all that up, but no trees down on fences this year. The deadwood mostly came down in last year's winds. Haven't really been down the yard at home, so assuming no damage, as in-laws haven't reported any! Have to say the windd kept me awake more than the cold last night!

Ihad thought the worst was over, but I guess not. At the other end of the village they had major flooding. The road was closed and you literally could have rowed a boat down it. Came across a damaged car last night, too. They'd been driving too fast to see a tree down in the road and gone straight into it. Thankfully I was going at a more sensible speed (I past the tree before coming across them inspecting the damage). My route from uni was also badly flooded in places yesterday, but I'm such a kid and quite enjoy that! Take care on the roads, everyone!

Comment

We too had wind insomnia last night. Right racket outside, hope the enighbours weren't disturbed by all our pots rattling around. We lost a fence panel but it's the neighbouring houses responsibility apparently, so hopefully they'll sort it soon as we can see into their garden and they into ours. The extra wide placcie 'fall down' has remained standing all night woohoo! If it can stand up to the gusts we had last night then I reckon it's in for the long haul.

Comment

Must be very wild up there....shouts, helllooooo...
                                Went to the allotment yesterday...came round the corner to a scene of devastation...a bag of plant pots had been scattered all over the place...and that was all ! No damage whatsoever.
                                I don't know about Aberdeen because I only visit it for the lottie, but in the last week or so I don't think we have had windspeeds here of more than 30mph. We keep hearing of all these gales and blizzards elsewhere - some just 30 miles West or so - and here we just have cold days with still blue skies, or dreich days with the occasional shower.
                                The devil looks after his own !
                                I am reviewing my plans of how I will anchor my proposed lean-to greenhouse...
                                There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X