No announcement yet.

Someone is bound to ask...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a good article that is, Mothhawk ! All absolutely bang on.
    It misses out one thing - if you are in the throes of changing your entire lifestyle, that is when you will find it easiest to do things like abandoning old bad habits. So if RedThorn wanted to give up growing horseradish, now might be the time... Bit of a radical way of giving up smoking though, don't fancy it.
    I think this is the first time in my life I've ever actually had "New Year's" Resolutions. Normally my attitude is, if you are using an excuse to delay, you will fail anyway. If it needs doing, start ASAP. But over the festive holidays I had some spare energy and less brain fog than usual, so I could ponder at length.
    And don't think of it as making a burdensome attempt at avoiding something - every time you think of that action, your brain is reminded of how often you have done that action, hardly helpful to thinking you will succeed; instead, get a clear mental image of a positive outcome you want, that every effort comes closer to achieving. Just good sense, isn't it !
    There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

I know I will not fail with my resolution I will never work another Monday for the rest of my life. Four days a week at my age is more than enough.

Ananke good luck with your ecig, I bought one in Feb last year with the intention of cutting down. I had to try several different liquids till I found one I really like, now I prefer it to the real thing. It is saving me loads of money and I hope to go ciggie free this year. I was a 35 a day man for nearly 50 years so I am a happy bunny.

Colin
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Well now, I am going to do a whole load less of this * shakes out a long list of things do do less of....

And I am going to do a whole load more of this * shakes out an equally long list of things to do more of...

I just hope I am going to remember which is which!!!
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

You been on the falling down water agaIN jEANIE ?
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
            Ananke good luck with your ecig, I bought one in Feb last year with the intention of cutting down. I had to try several different liquids till I found one I really like, now I prefer it to the real thing. It is saving me loads of money and I hope to go ciggie free this year. I was a 35 a day man for nearly 50 years so I am a happy bunny.

Colin
            That's fantastic, well done. I used one a few years ago and it was great, I just made the mistake of not having spare stuff and when the battery charger went I bought cigs. I'll be more prepared this time.
            My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

You been on the falling down water agaIN jEANIE ?
              Naw BB, that comes when she gets the lists mixed up...

Comment

I think it was the millenium New Year when I made the resolution to never again make a NY's resolution. I'm still holding to it now. Aren't I a good girl?

Comment

Damn Sluggie, that's a stroke of genius, wish I'd thought of that one !

Comment

I have my moments...

Comment

We all do - but getting them to stretch out into years is genius !

Comment

Erm - Snohare you seem to have picked up an extra banner...
                        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I resolve that if I win the lottery I really will not let it go to my head
                          Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

At last, all the years of pain and suffering have paid off. By making you all undergo a trial by ordeal for long enough, I have finally made someone desperate enough to think of how to buy off an Aberdonian with an evil sense of humour...
                            Now that the MOMship is official, I can make a confession. A friend just delivered to my house a boxful of "gardening magazines and books that were getting thrown out". They were only GYOs, weren't they ! I am delighted, it is like Christmas all over again but better, because there are no burnt parsnips, and no socks; and then some, because my secret shame is that I don't normally read GYO magazine. I would love to honest, I did for long enough, but I simply cannot afford it except as an occasional treat. So a boxful of nice shiny back numbers is manna indeed. I really feel a bit out of the loop not knowing what is in the mag.
                            And now MOM ! That has really turned an irritating day around. Ta muchly management, I will try to be worthy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X